Dec 10, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
He’s arbitration eligible for the first time and under team control through 2017.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
After acquiring Miguel Montero from the Diamondbacks today, the Cubs are expected to move Welington Castillo.
Dec 9, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Montero was an All-Star in 2011 and signed a five-year, $60 million contract extension in May of 2012.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
They get to keep the prospects received from the A’s, too.
Dec 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EST
The Cubs are reportedly close to a deal with free agent pitcher Jason Hammel.
Dec 7, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Starlin Castro is staying put, according to the Cubs.
Dec 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the Braves have expressed interest in signing free agent Stephen Drew to play second base.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
The Athletics are reportedly close to getting three or four players back in a trade involving starter Jeff Samardzija.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
He’s reportedly uninjured, though details are scarce at the moment.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Giants receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. made a ridiculous catch on Sunday Night Football. MLB players reacted to it on Twitter.
Nov 16, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The Cubs are the “clear front-runner” to nab free agent catcher Russell Martin according to Ken Rosenthal.
Nov 16, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
The Braves could deal a set-up man now that they’ve added Arodys Vizcaino into the mix.
Nov 16, 2014, 4:49 PM EST
From Mark D. Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune comes word that the Cubs have acquired infielder Tommy La Stella and international signing slot No. 4 from the Braves for reliever Arodys Vizcaino and three international signing bonus slots.
Nov 15, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Brewers are expected to sign a potential comeback candidate in Jaye Chapman.
Nov 11, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
The Cubs could bolster their pitching staff without signing Max Scherzer or Jon Lester.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Pittsburgh may find it tough to keep the free agent catcher.
Nov 4, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Welington Castillo could be a goner.
Nov 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The lefty impressed in 2014 after never getting a chance to pitch in Baltimore.
Nov 2, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada will hold a showcase for representatives from all 30 MLB teams on November 12.
Nov 1, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The game, which will begin at 8 p.m. ET, will be shown on MLB Network and can be streamed live on MLB.com.
Nov 1, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Turner had a 6.49 ERA and 17/10 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings over six starts and two relief appearances with Chicago down the stretch.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)