Jul 24, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Cole Hamels may be making his last start as a Phillie on Saturday against the Cubs, and the club may have a lot riding on it.
Jul 23, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Too bad that didn’t come with Matt Harvey batting. Could’ve used a “Batman vs. Superman” headline.
Jul 20, 2015, 11:04 PM EDT
We have seen plenty of flashy plays from four-time Gold Glove Award winner Brandon Phillips over the years, but this one might take the cake.
Jul 20, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Zack Greinke was impressive. Even if Bryce Harper wasn’t all that impressed.
Jul 19, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
The Cubs designated Edwin Jackson for assignment on Sunday to make room for Rafael Soriano.
Jul 19, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
The 32-year-old owns a superb 2.86 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, and 105/18 K/BB ratio in 103 2/3 total innings this season for the Cubs. He’s been a bargain so far on a two-year, $20 million free agent deal.
Jul 18, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Jon Lester and a scorer at Turner Field have teamed up to no-hit the Braves through six innings.
Jul 17, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
The rest of the Cubs combined for four hits on the night.
Jul 17, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
No. 7 pick in last year’s draft.
Jul 16, 2015, 3:29 PM EDT
Miguel Montero has a jammed thumb.
Jul 16, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Bryce Harper has been the class of the National League thus far.
Jul 14, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
First pitch is 8:15. Here is everything you need to know.
Jul 13, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
The hometown hero does it!
Jul 13, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Some interesting choices by managers Ned Yost and Bruce Bochy.
Jul 13, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
Another day, another walkoff win for the surging Pirates.
Jul 12, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Cubs’ future shines a little brighter as prospect Kyle Schwarber won the MVP award for the 2015 Futures Game.
Jul 10, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT
Olt fracturing his right wrist in mid-April is what led to the Cubs calling up Bryant from Triple-A.
Jul 10, 2015, 11:13 AM EDT
The home town guy is the man to beat in the eyes of the oddsmakers.
Jul 9, 2015, 8:10 AM EDT
I am not sure that this particular play comports with The Cardinal Way.
Jul 8, 2015, 11:53 PM EDT
Cardinals shortstop Jhonny Peralta jumped all over this Pedro Strop fastball with two strikes and two outs in the top of the ninth inning Wednesday night at Wrigley Field …
Jul 8, 2015, 9:32 PM EDT
Hammel boasts a 2.86 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, and 105/18 K/BB ratio in 103 2/3 total innings this season for Chicago.
Jul 8, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
The participants in the 2015 MLB Home Run Derby are being revealed live on Sportscenter at 6 p.m. ET. We’ll list all of the names here as they come out …
Jul 8, 2015, 9:14 AM EDT
Rodriguez not making the All-Star team is not an injustice. But his not making it is a baseball thing.
There was a bad call in the Cardinals-Cubs game last night and the current replay system made it possible.
Jul 8, 2015, 8:17 AM EDT
An inexcusable call that was the product of a system that prevents us from second-guessing field umps in far too many situations.
Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (97)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)