Bruce Bochy, Dave Righetti have discussed using Madison Bumgarner on short rest if Giants lose Game 3
Oct 24, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
The Giants have kicked around the idea of using Madison Bumgarner on short rest if they lose Game 3 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
One of the game’s top shortstop prospects, Russell saw some time at second base in the Arizona Fall League.
Oct 11, 2014, 7:26 PM EST
Theo Epstein has his eyes on an NL Central title in 2015. It’s a realistic aspiration.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Javier Baez hit just .169 with 95 strikeouts in 52 games as a 21-year-old rookie.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
It’s not as crazy as it may seem.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton suffered multiple facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers on September 11, but he’s looking like his old self again just a little over two weeks later.
Sep 26, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
The Cubs will start Jacob Turner over Kyle Hendricks on Sunday, citing Hendricks’ workload as the reason.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:48 PM EST
Chicago owes him $11 million in 2015 and $11 million in 2016.
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
After homering seven times in his first 19 games Cubs rookie Javier Baez has gone deep just twice in his last 24 games while hitting .146 with 44 strikeouts.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Rizzo won the award in recognition of his community work with pediatric cancer patients.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 16, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
And a pretty great home run call by always underrated Cubs announcer Len Kasper (as long as you’re not a Reds fan).
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Rizzo was having a breakout season before the injury, hitting .278 with 30 homers and an .889 OPS in 129 games at age 24.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 AM EST
Six finalists — one from each division — were named today and will now be subject for a player vote to determine the winner.
Sep 14, 2014, 3:35 PM EST
Watch as Josh Harrison starts this around-the-horn triple play Sunday in Pittsburgh …
Sep 14, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
Matt Szczur was ranked a Top 100 prospect by Baseball America in 2012, but he never quite met that hype and batted just .261/.315/.312 with one home run in 116 games this season at Triple-A Iowa. So knocking one out of PNC Park was both a relief and a surprise for the 25-year-old.
Sep 13, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Anthony Rizzo has made progress from his lower back injury and is on track to rejoin the Cubs’ lineup on Monday.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Multiple industry sources say the Cubs are targeting Lester and will make a run at him this winter, trying to set a foundation piece in the rebuild at Clark and Addison.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)