Jun 15, 2015, 11:31 AM EDT
It’s a helluva time to be a prospect buff.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
Jun 13, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
Indians prospect Francisco Lindor is getting the call up to the show.
Jun 11, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
After going unsigned two months into the season, veteran reliever Rafael Soriano signed a minor league contract with the Cubs earlier this week. However, it’s going to be a while before he joins the major league bullpen.
Jun 9, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Watch as Tigers center fielder Rajai Davis calmly takes one away from the Cubs’ David Ross …
Jun 8, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Selections from the Twins, Red Sox, White Sox, Cubs and Phillies.
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
Jun 7, 2015, 8:04 PM EDT
Cubs prospect Javier Baez suffered a fractured left ring finger on Sunday during a Triple-A game.
Jun 6, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Joe Ross made his major league debut on Saturday. His older brother Tyson, of the Padres, was in attendance.
Jun 6, 2015, 5:21 PM EDT
After a historic May, Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper has been a little quiet so far this month. No longer.
Jun 3, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
A two-run homer by Junior Lake and some subsequent taunting set off a minor benches-clearing fracas between the host Marlins and visiting Cubs on Wednesday night in Miami …
Jun 3, 2015, 4:26 PM EDT
Javier Baez or Arismendy Alcantara did not get call-ups to replace him.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:41 PM EDT
Cubs right fielder Jorge Soler is absent from the starting lineup Tuesday night against the Marlins because of an ankle injury that he suffered late Monday while running out a ball to first base.
Jun 2, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
Unless you cover soccer, it’s a slow news day. So let’s play a game.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 27, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT
It smacked off the new video board at Wrigley Field, depriving the folks on Waveland Avenue of a home run ball.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 26, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Walking Mike Trout, running Bartolo Colon. Today’s ATH has everything.
May 25, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
“Don’t they want to win a championship?”
May 24, 2015, 9:21 AM EDT
Rizzo also hit a three-run double in the fifth, finishing the game with a career-high-tying six RBI.
May 22, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The Giants own the Dodgers at AT&T Park. And the Madison Bumgarner owned Clayton Kershaw. At least yesterday.
May 21, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
The Cubs are reportedly one of several teams who have looked into signing Soriano.
May 21, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Outside of Bryce Harper’s ejection, there were really no exciting doings in Major League Baseball last night. So let’s talk about “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)