Jun 2, 2014, 6:08 AM EST
Six shutouts on Sunday afternoon. So don’t worry if you think you wasted your day because 20% of all major league teams didn’t get much done yesterday either.
May 31, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Ruben Tejada shocked the baseball world by homering on Saturday against the Phillies.
May 31, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
There has been plenty of frustration on the fans’ side of things in regard to the delays with the Wrigley Field renovations, but the players are also unhappy.
May 28, 2014, 1:55 PM EST
It should be obvious now which medieval helmet Michael Morse and Hunter Pence should order for Tim Hudson.
May 28, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
It’s not a horse race, but whatever.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
May 26, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Cubs right-hander Jeff Samardzija pitched in a ton of tough luck over his first 10 starts this season, but he finally got into the win column today as part of an 8-4 victory over the Giants.
May 26, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
A lot of NL pitchers are having great years. Wainwright may be the best of them all.
May 25, 2014, 11:54 AM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the American League East-leading Blue Jays are among the teams with interest in trading for Cubs right-hander Jeff Samardzija.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
They don’t boo nobodies.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 20, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
The urban legend had Theo Epstein destroying a hotel room after he found out Jose Contreras decided on the New York Yankees.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EST
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 16, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
How much longer will Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel be in Chicago?
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EST
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 10, 2014, 12:30 AM EST
Dan Uggla was not in Friday’s lineup and is slashing an ugly .184/.241/.272 on the season. Manager Fredi Gonzalez plans to discuss Uggla’s role on the team soon.
May 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
Yu Darvish once again fell one out shy of a no-hitter on Friday night. He doesn’t need one to prove he’s one of the very best pitchers in baseball.
May 9, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Getting Shemped: That moment when you decide to stay up late and watch the Dodgers and found out you got stuck with a Josh Beckett start.
May 8, 2014, 10:49 AM EST
Cubs right-hander Jeff Samardzija threw a career-high 126 pitches in Monday night’s loss to the White Sox and the next day reporters asked him and manager Rick Renteria about the wisdom of letting him have such a big workload early in the season.
May 7, 2014, 7:18 PM EST
Cubs reliever Pedro Strop was removed from an appearance Tuesday night against the White Sox with discomfort in his groin and an MRI taken on Wednesday revealed a moderate left groin strain. Strop has been placed on the 15-day disabled list and could miss as much as four weeks.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 2, 2014, 4:47 PM EST
Matt Garza made headlines last week for advising Cubs right-hander Jeff Samardzija to follow in his footsteps and “pitch your way out of there” to leave Chicago.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)