Aug 15, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
There are so many great ballparks in baseball right now, but Wrigley more than any of them – more even than Fenway Park, I think, though that’s a great debate – is the one that clings hardest to the past.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Aug 11, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Don’t worry, I’m hearing that Ruben Amaro, Jr. is already trying to get in touch with his agent.
Aug 10, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez suffered a strained right oblique on Friday night and was officially placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday morning.
Aug 8, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
The Cubs’ young slugger makes his home debut
Aug 7, 2014, 11:41 PM EDT
The Cubs have reportedly claimed Cole Hamels off revocable waivers from the Phillies, but it’s unlikely that the two sides work out a trade.
Aug 6, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Last season around this time the Cubs decided not to trade Nate Schierholtz in the middle of a career-year.
Aug 6, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Yes, Theo Epstein sees the light at the end of the tunnel, but that doesn’t mean the prospects are getting an E-Z Pass to the big leagues.
Aug 4, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The future is finally here.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Aug 3, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The Braves were crunched for roster space, so they designated Jordan Schafer for assignment on Friday. The Twins decided to put a claim in on him.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:12 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig doing Yasiel Puig things.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Perhaps he and Uggla can join up to fight crime someplace?
Aug 1, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
A good day for Clayton Kershaw. A bad day for Cliff Lee, Tyler Skaggs and Eric Hosmer.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
The Braves get their lefty and a venerable super sub. The Cubs get an interesting catching prospect.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Emilio Bonifacio was available to the Cubs on a minor-league deal after being released by the Royals in February and now five months later they’re going to get something in return for the 29-year-old speedster.
Jul 30, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
It was a long game, but it had a good ending.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EDT
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 29, 2014, 8:41 PM EDT
The Cubs made the curious decision to option reliever Neil Ramirez to Triple-A Iowa on Saturday despite his 0.96 ERA in 28 innings, but that option has now been voided and Ramirez has been transferred to the 15-day major league disabled list with a sore triceps.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Last week the Cubs designated infielder Darwin Barney for assignment and now Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that they’re close to trading him to the Dodgers.
Jul 25, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
He’s a double threat: bad and expensive.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
So when are Javier Baez and Kris Bryant getting here?
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)