Chicago White Sox
Sep 16, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 16, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
Pinch-runners Jarrod Dyson and Terrance Gore proved to be the difference in a thrilling win for Kansas City.
Sep 15, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko has insisted that he’ll return from a fractured bone in his left hand to play again before his scheduled retirement, even if it means doing so at less than 100 percent.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Jose Abreu tied a White Sox rookie record when he hit his 35th home run in the ninth inning of Sunday’s loss to the Twins.
Sep 14, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
We’re gonna have to hold you to this, Jose …
Sep 14, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Yasmani Tomas, 23, could be the next Cuban defector to hit it big — record-breakingly big — on Major League Baseball’s free agent market. Via Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe …
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“It’s not like I have to go through a program of building it back up.”
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EDT
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 9, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
A’s reliever Jesse Chavez literally walked off the field as soon as the pitch was hit.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
He’s hoping to come off the concussion disabled list later this week.
Sep 7, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
David DeJesus was the recipient of a gift inside-the-park home run thanks to two Orioles outfielders in Sunday’s 11-inning loss.
Sep 7, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
Indians right-hander Carlos Carrasco came one out short of his first career shutout on Sunday afternoon in Cleveland, firing 8 2/3 scoreless innings against the visiting White Sox. His run of dominance actually dates back to late April.
Sep 6, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Jose Abreu was on a tear, but he was stopped in his tracks by the potent arm of Corey Kluber.
Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
#2 hitters don’t often accrue 100 RBI, but Mike Trout will accomplish the feat soon.
Sep 6, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Paul Konerko is adamant about returning before the end of the season before he hangs up his spikes.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The slumping Athletics appeared to be well on their way to another loss, but put together a three-run ninth inning to work off victors against the Astros on Saturday.
Sep 5, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko has been winding down his 18-year career in a part-time role, but now it may come to a premature end.
Sep 3, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
After being traded from the White Sox to the Athletics prior to the waiver deadline, Adam Dunn said he wanted to retire after the season. He has since had a change of heart.
Sep 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Goosebumps, man. Goosebumps.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)