Chicago White Sox
Jun 2, 2015, 9:24 PM EDT
Gallo registered a pair of 40-homer seasons in the minor leagues and is now having an immediate impact as Adrian Beltre’s temporary fill-in at third base.
Jun 1, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Cishek saved 91 games for the Marlins between 2011-2014 while posting a 2.70 ERA, but he has an ugly 6.98 ERA and 17/10 K/BB ratio over 19 1/3 innings so far this season.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Latos has struggled to the tune of a 6.12 ERA across nine starts this season.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 30, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
Abreu initially injured the finger two weeks ago during batting practice.
May 29, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
Or much of anything else, really.
May 29, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
Corey Kulber’s last four starts: 3-0 with 50 strikeouts and two walks in 32 innings. Yowza.
May 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Seven and two-thirds innings, 12 strikeouts and nothin’ else doin’.
The Marlins considered hiring Dusty Baker, Ron Washington and Ozzie Guillen (!) before going with Dan Jennings
May 28, 2015, 8:38 AM EDT
But how seriously were they really considered?
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 27, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
And you think my A-Rod trolling kung-fu is the best. Heck, I’m an amateur.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 26, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Dan Jennings’ managerial career is off to an interesting start.
May 26, 2015, 11:51 AM EDT
This seems pretty unusual.
May 25, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
“Don’t they want to win a championship?”
May 24, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
Miami defeated Baltimore to snap an eight-game losing streak late Saturday night on a Martin Prado walkoff RBI single in the bottom of the 13th inning.
May 23, 2015, 10:47 PM EDT
Brian Matusz is the second lefty reliever to be ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm.
May 23, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
The Marlins were considering upgrading their bullpen with Jonathan Papelbon.
May 23, 2015, 11:43 AM EDT
Things are really ugly with the Marlins right now, both on and off the field.
May 23, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
The Marlins have lost eight games in a row and are now 0-5 under new manager Dan Jennings, but at least Dee Gordon is doing some cool things.
May 22, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Bad news for the reeling Marlins: starters Mat Latos and Henderson Alvarez both will take at least a couple of weeks off due to injuries.
May 22, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The White Sox are managing Carlos Rodon’s workload so they pushed the lefty’s start back from Monday.
May 21, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Outside of Bryce Harper’s ejection, there were really no exciting doings in Major League Baseball last night. So let’s talk about “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
May 20, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
That ended a span of 627 plate appearances without a dinger for Eaton. He has always been more of a gap-to-gap, line-drive hitter, but it’s a little surprising the 26-year-old doesn’t …
May 20, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Last night Chip Hale appeared to tweak Dan Jennings with his postgame comments. Today he expressed a little frustration at the circumstances of his hiring.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)