Chicago White Sox
Dec 10, 2014, 9:17 AM EST
Viciedo was first linked to the Mariners way back in March.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 AM EST
White Sox set to add a top starter to go along with their new closer.
Dec 8, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports says the A’s front office has been eyeing White Sox infielder Marcus Semien, who could take over at shortstop next year in Oakland with Jed Lowrie departing as a free agent. Multiple prospects would also be headed the A’s way.
Dec 8, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Samardzija returning to Chicago?
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Busy days for Billy Beane.
Nov 18, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
This is far more civilized than all of that “aggressive” business from earlier today.
Nov 18, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
Ramirez had a bounceback year offensively, hitting .273 with 15 homers and a .713 OPS in 158 games.
Nov 12, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Indians right-hander Corey Kluber has been named the 2014 American League Cy Young Award winner by the Baseball Writers Association of America. He received 17 of the 30 first-place votes. Mariners ace Felix Hernandez received the other 13 and finished second.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 11, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
He made the All-Star team in 2013, but hit just .222 with a .651 OPS in 126 games this season.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Nov 8, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu is the heavy favorite to win the American League Rookie of the Year Award on Monday, marking the culmination of a mysterious journey out of Cuba last year.
Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Ramirez, 33, batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 home runs, 73 RBI, and 21 stolen bases over 158 games this season.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Paul Konerko and Jimmy Rollins are your co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:37 PM EST
Being in the World Series hasn’t stopped the Royals from tweaking the margins of their 40-man roster.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 16, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
He’s 26 and is said to have great plate discipline.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 43
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 168
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)