Chicago White Sox
Dec 8, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Samardzija returning to Chicago?
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Busy days for Billy Beane.
Nov 18, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
This is far more civilized than all of that “aggressive” business from earlier today.
Nov 18, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
Ramirez had a bounceback year offensively, hitting .273 with 15 homers and a .713 OPS in 158 games.
Nov 12, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Indians right-hander Corey Kluber has been named the 2014 American League Cy Young Award winner by the Baseball Writers Association of America. He received 17 of the 30 first-place votes. Mariners ace Felix Hernandez received the other 13 and finished second.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 11, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
He made the All-Star team in 2013, but hit just .222 with a .651 OPS in 126 games this season.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Nov 8, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu is the heavy favorite to win the American League Rookie of the Year Award on Monday, marking the culmination of a mysterious journey out of Cuba last year.
Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Ramirez, 33, batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 home runs, 73 RBI, and 21 stolen bases over 158 games this season.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Paul Konerko and Jimmy Rollins are your co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:37 PM EST
Being in the World Series hasn’t stopped the Royals from tweaking the margins of their 40-man roster.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 16, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
He’s 26 and is said to have great plate discipline.
Oct 11, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The White Sox have a good problem: they have too many second basemen.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Tempest Meet Teapot.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)