Chicago White Sox
Sep 14, 2014, 2:43 PM EST
We’re gonna have to hold you to this, Jose …
Sep 14, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
Yasmani Tomas, 23, could be the next Cuban defector to hit it big — record-breakingly big — on Major League Baseball’s free agent market. Via Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe …
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“It’s not like I have to go through a program of building it back up.”
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 9, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
A’s reliever Jesse Chavez literally walked off the field as soon as the pitch was hit.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He’s hoping to come off the concussion disabled list later this week.
Sep 7, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
David DeJesus was the recipient of a gift inside-the-park home run thanks to two Orioles outfielders in Sunday’s 11-inning loss.
Sep 7, 2014, 5:08 PM EST
Indians right-hander Carlos Carrasco came one out short of his first career shutout on Sunday afternoon in Cleveland, firing 8 2/3 scoreless innings against the visiting White Sox. His run of dominance actually dates back to late April.
Sep 6, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Jose Abreu was on a tear, but he was stopped in his tracks by the potent arm of Corey Kluber.
Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
#2 hitters don’t often accrue 100 RBI, but Mike Trout will accomplish the feat soon.
Sep 6, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Paul Konerko is adamant about returning before the end of the season before he hangs up his spikes.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
The slumping Athletics appeared to be well on their way to another loss, but put together a three-run ninth inning to work off victors against the Astros on Saturday.
Sep 5, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko has been winding down his 18-year career in a part-time role, but now it may come to a premature end.
Sep 3, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
After being traded from the White Sox to the Athletics prior to the waiver deadline, Adam Dunn said he wanted to retire after the season. He has since had a change of heart.
Sep 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Goosebumps, man. Goosebumps.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EST
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Sep 1, 2014, 8:12 PM EST
Acquired from the White Sox on Sunday, Adam Dunn made an instant impact in his A’s debut this afternoon.
Aug 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Adam Dunn is ready to call it a career, he told the media on Sunday after he was traded from the White Sox to the Athletics.
Aug 31, 2014, 11:49 AM EST
The A’s announced Sunday morning that they have acquired veteran designated hitter Adam Dunn from the White Sox for minor league reliever Nolan Sanburn.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:01 AM EST
White Sox veteran slugger Adam Dunn appears willing to waive his no-trade clause and join a contending team for his first taste of postseason baseball …
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)