Chicago White Sox
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
“I’m not a 22-year-old single guy anymore. There are a lot of things that play into coming back and your decision.”
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:34 PM EST
Nick Markakis had himself a mighty fine evening.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 16, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
When Avisail Garcia underwent surgery in mid-April to repair a torn labrum and an avulsion fracture in his left shoulder, it was thought that he would be lost for the rest of the season.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB ballparks. Spoiler alert: Wrigley Field is No. 1.
Aug 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Well, at least he has his health.
Aug 13, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
White Sox outfielder Avisail Garcia was expected to miss the entire season when he suffered a torn left labrum in early April, but now it looks like he might be back in the lineup as soon as next week.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
It’s fun to play God.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EST
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Aug 12, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
At the time of the injury Lindstrom had six saves with a 3.32 ERA in 19 appearances, but he’d also blown three save chances and in his absence White Sox manager Robin Ventura has turned to several ninth-inning options.
Aug 11, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is now up to 31 home runs on the year, which ties Jose Abreu of the White Sox for the major league lead.
Aug 11, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko isn’t getting a city-by-city farewell tour like Derek Jeter, but the 38-year-old six-time All-Star is retiring after 18 seasons in the majors.
Aug 11, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
A month into his professional career the White Sox and their top prospect have made the improvement of Rodon’s changeup one a priority.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Aug 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Adam Eaton is back on the disabled list with an oblique injury.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Will Carlos Rodon follow the Chris Sale path to the majors?
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Aug 6, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
Adam Dunn probably will hit 500 home runs, but that doesn’t mean he should be a Hall of Famer.
Aug 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
The Big Donkey took the hill. And it was fantastic.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Aug 5, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Don’t look now, but the Angels are only a game back of the A’s in the AL West. And, thus, a game away from having the best record in baseball.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Out since July 19 with a quadriceps injury, Astros rookie slugger George Springer is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment today at Single-A.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 32
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)