Chicago White Sox
May 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Adam Eaton left Friday’s game with a right hamstring strain and is headed to the disabled list.
May 2, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Adam Eaton’s hamstring problems continue.
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EDT
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Apr 28, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Adam Dunn made a nice gesture for a rookie who made his debut yesterday.
Apr 28, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
A tie for AL Player of the Week? C’mon, guys. There are tons of weeks. Go out on a limb.
Apr 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu smacked his 10th home run yesterday and the rookie from Cuba now holds the MLB record for the most April homers and the most April RBIs (31) by a rookie in baseball history.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 27, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
We have a strong early favorite for American League Rookie of the Year honors. White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu, who was signed to a six-year, $68 million contract last October after defecting from Cuba in August, slugged his MLB-leading 10th home run of the season Sunday against the Rays …
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 26, 2014, 8:05 AM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit his eighth and ninth home runs against the Rays on Friday, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. Abreu set a record for home runs in the month of April by a rookie.
Apr 25, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
With a glut of second base candidates available to the White Sox, Gordon Beckham could be the odd man out.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EDT
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The White Sox are playing things safe with their ace left-hander.
Apr 21, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Unwritten Rules strike again. Plus, I wish you all a happy Spring Thanksgiving.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Mike Trout attached his name to an ignominious feat on Saturday against the Tigers.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
After consistent battles with his control, Donnie Veal ran out of chances with the White Sox.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:47 AM EDT
He may not care, but I’m going to write a research report about how you normalize ISPFMLBLSSR for different eras.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
Adam Wainwright turned in the latest of several dominant pitching performances around Major League Baseball this week.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:06 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts yesterday. Including one that was the Platonic Ideal of a baseball game. At least if you have taste and stuff.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:21 AM EDT
Notes from a wild game in Chicago.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
On the one-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings and with the Red Sox in town for a three-game series, the White Sox wore these “Boston Strong” shirts during pregame warmups Tuesday …
Apr 14, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The other owners will have to ratify the move at their next meeting, but as of yesterday it’s all but official: the Braves now own the Nationals.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 5
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 14
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)