Chicago White Sox
Apr 28, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
A tie for AL Player of the Week? C’mon, guys. There are tons of weeks. Go out on a limb.
Apr 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu smacked his 10th home run yesterday and the rookie from Cuba now holds the MLB record for the most April homers and the most April RBIs (31) by a rookie in baseball history.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 27, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
We have a strong early favorite for American League Rookie of the Year honors. White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu, who was signed to a six-year, $68 million contract last October after defecting from Cuba in August, slugged his MLB-leading 10th home run of the season Sunday against the Rays …
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 26, 2014, 8:05 AM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit his eighth and ninth home runs against the Rays on Friday, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. Abreu set a record for home runs in the month of April by a rookie.
Apr 25, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
With a glut of second base candidates available to the White Sox, Gordon Beckham could be the odd man out.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EDT
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The White Sox are playing things safe with their ace left-hander.
Apr 21, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Unwritten Rules strike again. Plus, I wish you all a happy Spring Thanksgiving.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Mike Trout attached his name to an ignominious feat on Saturday against the Tigers.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
After consistent battles with his control, Donnie Veal ran out of chances with the White Sox.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:47 AM EDT
He may not care, but I’m going to write a research report about how you normalize ISPFMLBLSSR for different eras.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
Adam Wainwright turned in the latest of several dominant pitching performances around Major League Baseball this week.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:06 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts yesterday. Including one that was the Platonic Ideal of a baseball game. At least if you have taste and stuff.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:21 AM EDT
Notes from a wild game in Chicago.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
On the one-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings and with the Red Sox in town for a three-game series, the White Sox wore these “Boston Strong” shirts during pregame warmups Tuesday …
Apr 14, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The other owners will have to ratify the move at their next meeting, but as of yesterday it’s all but official: the Braves now own the Nationals.
Apr 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
One of the elements helped Jason Kipnis get a single on Saturday afternoon.
Apr 11, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Jose Abreu: country strong.
Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 AM EDT
If a pitcher has a foreign substance on his hand and no one is there to complain about it, does it still raise a stink?
Apr 10, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Danny Salazar recorded 11 outs against the White Sox tonight. Ten of them were strikeouts.
Apr 10, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
White Sox outfielder Avisail Garcia will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a torn labrum in his left shoulder.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)