Chicago White Sox
Dec 10, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Viciedo was first linked to the Mariners way back in March.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 AM EDT
White Sox set to add a top starter to go along with their new closer.
Dec 8, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports says the A’s front office has been eyeing White Sox infielder Marcus Semien, who could take over at shortstop next year in Oakland with Jed Lowrie departing as a free agent. Multiple prospects would also be headed the A’s way.
Dec 8, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
Samardzija returning to Chicago?
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Busy days for Billy Beane.
Nov 18, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
This is far more civilized than all of that “aggressive” business from earlier today.
Nov 18, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Ramirez had a bounceback year offensively, hitting .273 with 15 homers and a .713 OPS in 158 games.
Nov 12, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Indians right-hander Corey Kluber has been named the 2014 American League Cy Young Award winner by the Baseball Writers Association of America. He received 17 of the 30 first-place votes. Mariners ace Felix Hernandez received the other 13 and finished second.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 11, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
He made the All-Star team in 2013, but hit just .222 with a .651 OPS in 126 games this season.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Nov 8, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu is the heavy favorite to win the American League Rookie of the Year Award on Monday, marking the culmination of a mysterious journey out of Cuba last year.
Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Ramirez, 33, batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 home runs, 73 RBI, and 21 stolen bases over 158 games this season.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Paul Konerko and Jimmy Rollins are your co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:37 PM EDT
Being in the World Series hasn’t stopped the Royals from tweaking the margins of their 40-man roster.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 16, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
He’s 26 and is said to have great plate discipline.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (81)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)