Chicago White Sox
Jul 16, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
What contenders are just a pretenders? Who needs to make a big trade? Who actually WILL make a big trade? Come on in for all of your second half preview needs.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
A rocky start, a grooved pitch, a fond farewell and the granting of home field advantage in the World Series to the Junior Circuit.
Jul 15, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
The Captain’s Midsummer Classic Swan Song
Jul 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Count on at least two standing ovations for Jeter in his final All-Star Game.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Mike Matheny’s decision over in the National League was a tough one, but American League manager John Farrell had an easy call for tomorrow night’s starter: Felix Hernandez.
Jul 12, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
The American League has added a reliever rather than a starter with David Price giving up his spot on the roster for the All-Star Game.
Jul 12, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez was forced to exit this afternoon’s game against the Indians in the top of the fourth inning due to back stiffness.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:12 PM EST
Viva democracy. Especially Chicago-style democracy.
Jul 10, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
White Sox general manager Rick Hahn repeatedly expressed confidence in his ability to get No. 3 overall pick Carlos Rodon signed despite the North Carolina State left-hander being a Scott Boras client and sure enough the two sides have reached an agreement.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jul 9, 2014, 5:25 PM EST
I mean, maybe he can act, but it’s probably better that he’s playing baseball.
Jul 9, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Jose Abreu has enjoyed his first look at Fenway Park, the historic venue that very nearly was his home.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jul 8, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching and Rick Hahn already has his poker face on.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jul 7, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Nelson Cruz has already passed his home run total from last season and is just five away from matching his career-high.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Two of ten snubbed players are on the Final Vote list. Fans can help vote them onto the roster until 4 PM ET on Thursday.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 6, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
From beat writer Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star comes word that the Royals have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with left-handed reliever Scott Downs, who will join the big league bullpen immediately.
Jul 3, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Left-hander Scott Downs predictably passed through waivers unclaimed after being designated for assignment last week and the White Sox have released the veteran reliever.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EST
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Jul 2, 2014, 9:28 PM EST
Watch as Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton battles the rain to rob White Sox second baseman Gordon Beckham of a first-inning solo home run Wednesday night in Chicago …
Jul 1, 2014, 7:18 PM EST
Watch as White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu takes the major league lead in both home runs and RBI with this three-run homer Tuesday afternoon against the Angels …
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)