Chicago White Sox
Apr 27, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
We have a strong early favorite for American League Rookie of the Year honors. White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu, who was signed to a six-year, $68 million contract last October after defecting from Cuba in August, slugged his MLB-leading 10th home run of the season Sunday against the Rays …
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 26, 2014, 8:05 AM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit his eighth and ninth home runs against the Rays on Friday, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. Abreu set a record for home runs in the month of April by a rookie.
Apr 25, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
With a glut of second base candidates available to the White Sox, Gordon Beckham could be the odd man out.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EDT
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The White Sox are playing things safe with their ace left-hander.
Apr 21, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Unwritten Rules strike again. Plus, I wish you all a happy Spring Thanksgiving.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Mike Trout attached his name to an ignominious feat on Saturday against the Tigers.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
After consistent battles with his control, Donnie Veal ran out of chances with the White Sox.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:47 AM EDT
He may not care, but I’m going to write a research report about how you normalize ISPFMLBLSSR for different eras.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
Adam Wainwright turned in the latest of several dominant pitching performances around Major League Baseball this week.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:06 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts yesterday. Including one that was the Platonic Ideal of a baseball game. At least if you have taste and stuff.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:21 AM EDT
Notes from a wild game in Chicago.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
On the one-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings and with the Red Sox in town for a three-game series, the White Sox wore these “Boston Strong” shirts during pregame warmups Tuesday …
Apr 14, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The other owners will have to ratify the move at their next meeting, but as of yesterday it’s all but official: the Braves now own the Nationals.
Apr 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
One of the elements helped Jason Kipnis get a single on Saturday afternoon.
Apr 11, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Jose Abreu: country strong.
Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 AM EDT
If a pitcher has a foreign substance on his hand and no one is there to complain about it, does it still raise a stink?
Apr 10, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Danny Salazar recorded 11 outs against the White Sox tonight. Ten of them were strikeouts.
Apr 10, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
White Sox outfielder Avisail Garcia will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a torn labrum in his left shoulder.
Apr 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
A ton of guys had multi-homer games yesterday. Ryan Braun led the pack with his three. I’m sure that won’t bother anyone.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EDT
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Apr 4, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Nate Jones walked both batters he faced Thursday and now the White Sox have placed him on the disabled list with a strained hip.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (128)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)