Chicago White Sox
May 14, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Jose Abreu’s great start has put him in some very interesting historical company.
May 12, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Chris Sale is set for his first game action since April 17.
May 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Reds third baseman Todd Frazier hit a 485-foot homer off Rockies right-hander Jhoulys Chacin last night.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Chris Sale threw a light bullpen session Monday, but he’s still a little while away from rejoining the White Sox.
May 5, 2014, 2:53 PM EST
Sometimes it’s an insult to be called “Mr. April.” But not in early May.
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
May 4, 2014, 9:41 AM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu took the major leagues by storm in April, setting the all-time rookie record for most home runs (10) and RBI (31) in a season’s opening month. On Saturday in Cleveland, he showed a little creativity on defense when a fielded ball got stuck in his glove …
May 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Adam Eaton left Friday’s game with a right hamstring strain and is headed to the disabled list.
May 2, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Adam Eaton’s hamstring problems continue.
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EST
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Apr 28, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Adam Dunn made a nice gesture for a rookie who made his debut yesterday.
Apr 28, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
A tie for AL Player of the Week? C’mon, guys. There are tons of weeks. Go out on a limb.
Apr 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu smacked his 10th home run yesterday and the rookie from Cuba now holds the MLB record for the most April homers and the most April RBIs (31) by a rookie in baseball history.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 27, 2014, 5:21 PM EST
We have a strong early favorite for American League Rookie of the Year honors. White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu, who was signed to a six-year, $68 million contract last October after defecting from Cuba in August, slugged his MLB-leading 10th home run of the season Sunday against the Rays …
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EST
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 26, 2014, 8:05 AM EST
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit his eighth and ninth home runs against the Rays on Friday, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. Abreu set a record for home runs in the month of April by a rookie.
Apr 25, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
With a glut of second base candidates available to the White Sox, Gordon Beckham could be the odd man out.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EST
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EST
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:24 PM EST
The White Sox are playing things safe with their ace left-hander.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 72
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 34
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 29
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 24
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)