Jul 22, 2015, 7:35 AM EDT
It was a big night for slugging catchers, Kyle Schwarber chief among them.
Jul 18, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
Astros first baseman Chris Carter could be looking at an extended absence after he was forced to exit last night’s game against the Rangers due to a sprained right ankle.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
This is what your face looks like when you give up your first hit of the game with two outs in the ninth inning.
Jun 26, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
Singleton struggled in his first taste of the majors last season.
Jun 23, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
Maikel Franco provides a glimmer of hope for the Phillies in an otherwise dark season.
May 23, 2015, 6:01 PM EDT
The Houston Astros used a 5-4-3 triple play to get out of a jam against the Tigers on Saturday.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
Mar 23, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Are the Astros ready to contend?
Mar 10, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Astros are going whiff a whole bunch this year. Does it matter?
Mar 8, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
It’s spring, and the Astros scored two runs, but it’s still a no-hitter!
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EDT
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Two offseasons ago the Astros traded Jed Lowrie to the A’s for Chris Carter, Brad Peacock, and Max Stassi.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 28, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Peacock, who was acquired from the A’s as part of the Jed Lowrie/Chris Carter trade in February of 2013, has a 4.90 ERA in 215 innings for the Astros through age 26.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Aug 28, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Every time Alex Gordon steps to the plate at Kauffman Stadium these days, fans chant, “M-V-P, M-V-P,” which is fascinating on so many levels.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Jul 30, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
The 44-64 Astros could jump into this seller-friendly market before Thursday’s 4 p.m. ET trade deadline. Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Houston is “looking to move” first baseman and designated hitter Chris Carter.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Tom Koehler didn’t get an out in the most comfortable way, but he got an out nonetheless.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 20
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)