Jul 6, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
White Sox ace Chris Sale entered tonight’s start against the Blue Jays with eight straight starts with 10 strikeouts or more, tying Pedro Martinez for the major league record. He fell a little bit short in his efforts of securing the record all for himself.
Jun 24, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
It came on a close call but, ultimately, the correct call.
May 16, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
The hope is that rest will do Saunders some good, but Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos admitted that he might not be 100 percent until the offseason.
May 10, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Saunders tore the meniscus in his left knee in late February when he stepped on a sprinkler head while shagging fly balls at the Blue Jays’ spring training complex in Dunedin, Florida. Initial reports suggested he would be out until the All-Star break …
Feb 5, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Colabello signed with the Twins after winning an independent league MVP in 2011.
May 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Chris Colabello has been slumping badly since late April. The Twins demoted him to Triple-A on Sunday in the hopes that he can rediscover his swing.
Apr 26, 2014, 8:05 AM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu hit his eighth and ninth home runs against the Rays on Friday, including a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth. Abreu set a record for home runs in the month of April by a rookie.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EDT
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EDT
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Apr 4, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
Discover the one weird trick Coco Crisp used to hit a walkoff home run in last night’s Mariners-A’s game. The answer may shock you!
Dec 21, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
Earlier today, we heard that Twins had been in discussions with at least one South Korean team about first baseman/outfielder Chris Colabello to the Korean Baseball Organization. The Twins were reportedly asking for compensation in excess of $1 million, which is about double what he will earn in 2014 as a Major Leaguer. Mike Berardino…
Dec 21, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Mike Berardino of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the Twins have had discussions with at least one club about sending first baseman/outfielder Chris Colabello to the Korean Baseball Organization. A move is no sure thing right now, as the Twins’ asking price to let him go is said to be “higher than normal,”…
Aug 16, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Ryan Doumit is back from the concussion disabled list after missing a total of eight days with a brain injury he initially kept secret from the Twins. To open a spot on the roster for his return the Twins demoted Chris Colabello back to Triple-A, where he was leading the International League in nearly every…
Aug 9, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
In the top of the second of the first game of today’s day-night doubleheader against the White Sox, Twins outfielder Chris Colabello homered to right field off of Sox starter John Danks to stake his club to an early 1-0 lead. As the ball landed in the Twins bullpen, it appeared as if reliever Jared…
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)