Feb 27, 2015, 6:36 PM EDT
Chris Davis will get some work in the outfield this spring. He hasn’t played there since 2012.
Feb 14, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Davis was one of the biggest victims of increased shifting around MLB last season. He wants to be better prepared this year.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
Orioles slugger Chris Davis was on hand for the team’s annual FanFest today and opened up about the 25-game Adderall suspension which put an end to his disappointing 2014 campaign and left him on the sidelines during the playoffs.
Dec 19, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The Orioles have settled on a new hitting coach: Scott Coolbaugh.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The Orioles’ slugger got a 25 suspension for taking the drug without an exemption in 2014. He’ll be back on it in 2015.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Need some dingers? I know a guy who can get you some dingers, man.
Nov 5, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
Patton was traded from Baltimore to San Diego for Nick Hundley.
Oct 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
No one was counting on Baltimore sweeping and then getting swept.
Oct 9, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Davis could return from his suspension if the Orioles reach the World Series.
Oct 6, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
The Orioles’ 50-homer man from 2013 could miss the entire playoffs, even after he’s eligible.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
At the absolute latest, Davis could be eligible for Game 1 of a theoretical Orioles World Series. But maybe as soon as the ALCS.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
If your team is eliminated, what do you do? Let us help.
Sep 26, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Davis is banned from being with the Orioles during the suspension, but he’ll be eligible to rejoin the team and resume playing for the ninth game of the playoffs … if they can advance that far.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
He’ll mash lefties (hopefully) and play some first base.
Sep 16, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
A first in 17 years.
Sep 16, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
He has some time on his hands. At least he’s putting it to good use.
Sep 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Orioles manager Buck Showalter told Dubroff that Davis “has been working out already” and “he gets what’s going on … he’s not looking for any sympathy.”
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 12, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Because you know I’d have a couple of thoughts, right?
Sep 12, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
The suspension is effective immediately and includes the playoffs in addition to the Orioles’ final 17 regular season games.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)