Dec 19, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Orioles have settled on a new hitting coach: Scott Coolbaugh.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
The Orioles’ slugger got a 25 suspension for taking the drug without an exemption in 2014. He’ll be back on it in 2015.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Need some dingers? I know a guy who can get you some dingers, man.
Nov 5, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
Patton was traded from Baltimore to San Diego for Nick Hundley.
Oct 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
No one was counting on Baltimore sweeping and then getting swept.
Oct 9, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Davis could return from his suspension if the Orioles reach the World Series.
Oct 6, 2014, 10:13 AM EST
The Orioles’ 50-homer man from 2013 could miss the entire playoffs, even after he’s eligible.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:27 AM EST
At the absolute latest, Davis could be eligible for Game 1 of a theoretical Orioles World Series. But maybe as soon as the ALCS.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
If your team is eliminated, what do you do? Let us help.
Sep 26, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Davis is banned from being with the Orioles during the suspension, but he’ll be eligible to rejoin the team and resume playing for the ninth game of the playoffs … if they can advance that far.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
He’ll mash lefties (hopefully) and play some first base.
Sep 16, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
A first in 17 years.
Sep 16, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
He has some time on his hands. At least he’s putting it to good use.
Sep 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Orioles manager Buck Showalter told Dubroff that Davis “has been working out already” and “he gets what’s going on … he’s not looking for any sympathy.”
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EST
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 12, 2014, 11:44 AM EST
Because you know I’d have a couple of thoughts, right?
Sep 12, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
The suspension is effective immediately and includes the playoffs in addition to the Orioles’ final 17 regular season games.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Pretty much everything went the Orioles’ way this evening.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
Manny Machado’s season is likely over, as he is expected to undergo season-ending knee surgery within a week, according to a report.
Aug 22, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
Machado suffered a sprained right knee on August 11 and the Orioles have mostly been using Chris Davis at third base in his absence.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)