Apr 4, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
Could we see some last-minute wheeling and dealing prior to Opening Day?
Apr 3, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale gave us a bit of a surprise in naming Nick Ahmed his team’s starting shortstop.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:04 PM EDT
New regime, different results?
Oct 8, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
How much trading will the Diamondbacks look to do this offseason?
Sep 26, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
With Kirk Gibson gone, a look at what’s next for the Diamondbacks.
Sep 2, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
Chris Owings and A.J. Pollock are back with the Diamondbacks on Tuesday after lengthy disabled list stints.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Aaron Hill has played exclusively second base since 2007 and has logged nearly 10,000 career innings at the position, but it sounds like the Diamondbacks are preparing to move him across the diamond.
Jun 29, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Phillies and Diamondbacks made a minor trade on Sunday evening, swapping infielder Ronny Cedeno and catcher Raywilly Gomez.
Jun 29, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
From MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert comes word that the Diamondbacks have placed shortstop Chris Owings on the 15-day disabled list because of a left shoulder injury. Nick Ahmed had his contract purchased from Triple-A Reno in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Jun 18, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Mission accomplished… Ryan Braun will definitely have a bruise on his butt tomorrow.
Jun 4, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Henderson Alvarez has three shutouts. Three shutouts was enough to be the full-season leader in that category in five of the past 11 seasons.
Jun 3, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Didi Gregorius is back with the Diamondbacks after being demoted to Triple-A when he lost the shortstop job to Chris Owings, but this time he’s returning as an injury replacement for utility infielder Cliff Pennington.
May 18, 2014, 6:30 AM EDT
Paul Goldschmidt and the Diamondbacks took Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers to the woodshed.
Mar 17, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Arizona Diamondbacks. The Big Question: Can the Diamondbacks withstand the injury to Patrick Corbin and get over the .500…
Mar 16, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
ESPN’s Jim Bowden hears that Chris Owings is the favorite over Didi Gregorius for the Diamondbacks’ starting shortstop job. Owings, 22, has not had a particularly great showing this spring, but has out-hit Gregorius in OPS, .698 to .541. Gregorius, 24, wasn’t particularly impressive in his rookie season in 2013, posting a .704 OPS. Owings…
Mar 13, 2014, 7:52 AM EDT
The Mets shortstop situation is still in flux. Or a mess. Or a tire fire. Or is being overly-focused upon because nothing else is going on. Take your pick. Just know that it’s what everyone who goes to Port St. Lucie is talking about. The latest being John Harper of the Daily News. Who, after noting…
Feb 27, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks currently have youngsters Didi Gregorius and Chris Owings fighting it out for their shortstop job, but they’ve weighed settling the battle with a trade, the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro reports. The preference would be to acquire a catcher who could potentially back up Miguel Montero in the near future and eventually supplant him…
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)