Oct 8, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
How much trading will the Diamondbacks look to do this offseason?
Sep 26, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
With Kirk Gibson gone, a look at what’s next for the Diamondbacks.
Sep 2, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
Chris Owings and A.J. Pollock are back with the Diamondbacks on Tuesday after lengthy disabled list stints.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Aaron Hill has played exclusively second base since 2007 and has logged nearly 10,000 career innings at the position, but it sounds like the Diamondbacks are preparing to move him across the diamond.
Jun 29, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Phillies and Diamondbacks made a minor trade on Sunday evening, swapping infielder Ronny Cedeno and catcher Raywilly Gomez.
Jun 29, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
From MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert comes word that the Diamondbacks have placed shortstop Chris Owings on the 15-day disabled list because of a left shoulder injury. Nick Ahmed had his contract purchased from Triple-A Reno in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Jun 18, 2014, 12:35 AM EST
Mission accomplished… Ryan Braun will definitely have a bruise on his butt tomorrow.
Jun 4, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Henderson Alvarez has three shutouts. Three shutouts was enough to be the full-season leader in that category in five of the past 11 seasons.
Jun 3, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Didi Gregorius is back with the Diamondbacks after being demoted to Triple-A when he lost the shortstop job to Chris Owings, but this time he’s returning as an injury replacement for utility infielder Cliff Pennington.
May 18, 2014, 6:30 AM EST
Paul Goldschmidt and the Diamondbacks took Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers to the woodshed.
Mar 17, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Arizona Diamondbacks. The Big Question: Can the Diamondbacks withstand the injury to Patrick Corbin and get over the .500…
Mar 16, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
ESPN’s Jim Bowden hears that Chris Owings is the favorite over Didi Gregorius for the Diamondbacks’ starting shortstop job. Owings, 22, has not had a particularly great showing this spring, but has out-hit Gregorius in OPS, .698 to .541. Gregorius, 24, wasn’t particularly impressive in his rookie season in 2013, posting a .704 OPS. Owings…
Mar 13, 2014, 7:52 AM EST
The Mets shortstop situation is still in flux. Or a mess. Or a tire fire. Or is being overly-focused upon because nothing else is going on. Take your pick. Just know that it’s what everyone who goes to Port St. Lucie is talking about. The latest being John Harper of the Daily News. Who, after noting…
Feb 27, 2014, 2:52 PM EST
The Diamondbacks currently have youngsters Didi Gregorius and Chris Owings fighting it out for their shortstop job, but they’ve weighed settling the battle with a trade, the Arizona Republic’s Nick Piecoro reports. The preference would be to acquire a catcher who could potentially back up Miguel Montero in the near future and eventually supplant him…
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)