Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 AM EST
White Sox set to add a top starter to go along with their new closer.
Nov 12, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Indians right-hander Corey Kluber has been named the 2014 American League Cy Young Award winner by the Baseball Writers Association of America. He received 17 of the 30 first-place votes. Mariners ace Felix Hernandez received the other 13 and finished second.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Sep 30, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Tempest Meet Teapot.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 25, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
Nothing like a little late-season drama in the AL Central.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EST
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Felix Hernandez has struck out 200-plus batters in each of the last six seasons, something no other starting pitcher will have done when the season is over.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EST
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Aug 11, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
A month into his professional career the White Sox and their top prospect have made the improvement of Rodon’s changeup one a priority.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Will Carlos Rodon follow the Chris Sale path to the majors?
Aug 2, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
It would be great if the story was true, but it didn’t go down as originally reported.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Mike Matheny’s decision over in the National League was a tough one, but American League manager John Farrell had an easy call for tomorrow night’s starter: Felix Hernandez.
Jul 12, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
The American League has added a reliever rather than a starter with David Price giving up his spot on the roster for the All-Star Game.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:12 PM EST
Viva democracy. Especially Chicago-style democracy.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jul 8, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
The trade deadline is rapidly approaching and Rick Hahn already has his poker face on.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Two of ten snubbed players are on the Final Vote list. Fans can help vote them onto the roster until 4 PM ET on Thursday.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 24, 2014, 6:44 AM EST
Two guys had multiple homer games last night. Four teams got shutout. Just another night in the all-or-nothing age of Major League Baseball
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)