Dec 19, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
A third base hole filled in San Diego, a good defensive catcher goes to Boston.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Melky Cabrera suffered a broken pinkie finger diving back into first base on Friday night against the Red Sox. He’ll need season-ending surgery to repair the damage.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
A weird play happened in the eighth inning of Friday’s Astros-Red Sox game.
Aug 2, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
David Ross, suffering from plantar fasciitis in his right foot, has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. The Red Sox called up Dan Butler to take his spot on the roster.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 51
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 36
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)