May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
May 2, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz won’t stop hitting home runs.
May 1, 2015, 2:26 PM EDT
See you in mid-to-late 2016, Homer.
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 29, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 28, 2015, 5:11 PM EDT
Bailey is in the second season of a $105 million contract extension..
Apr 28, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
The Mets continue to be Amazin’.
Apr 27, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Bailey is coming off flexor tendon surgery. Could Tommy John surgery be next?
Apr 24, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
The Dodgers’ infielder-without-a-position is among the league leaders in HR and RBI, yet he’s only started three games and has only made 20 plate appearances.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Yordano Ventura and the Royals find themselves in yet another fracas.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 21, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:44 AM EDT
The F-bombs were hilarious, but the substance of Price’s rant was far more telling.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
This from Reds manager Bryan Price is not a good look at all.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:32 PM EDT
Hamilton suffered the injury beating out an infield single in the eighth inning.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:01 PM EDT
Reds right-hander Homer Bailey landed on the disabled list at the end of spring training while he completed his rehab from surgery to repair a tear of the flexor tendon in his elbow, but he has been activated to make his season debut this afternoon against the Cardinals.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:11 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter made a cool maneuver to score the tying run in the bottom of the first against the Reds on Friday night.
Apr 16, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“Right shoulder discomfort.”
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 13, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Prior to tonight, new Cubs left-hander Jon Lester hadn’t made a pickoff throw to first base since April 30, 2013. Now we know why.
- Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 5
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 11
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)