Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
The Padres are sniffing around too.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:26 AM EST
Hope this doesn’t bring you down.
Nov 14, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
It sounds like things are going well for Joey Votto, who missed the entire second half of the 2014 season with a quad injury.
Nov 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
In the least-surprising result of this award season, Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw has been named the 2014 Cy Young Award winner in the National League by the Baseball Writers Association of America. It was a unanimous vote — the first since Tigers righty Justin Verlander won unanimously in 2011.
Nov 11, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 AM EST
The groundwork for all that will happen this offseason begins today in Phoenix
Nov 7, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Pirates added some infield depth, selecting Jake Elmore off of waivers from the Reds on Friday.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 7, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
Trades surprise people all the time, of course, but something to keep in mind amid all the rumors swirling.
Nov 6, 2014, 8:49 AM EST
It certainly would take a lot of “stuff.”
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Expensive buyouts, too.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Cueto was amazing this season, leading the league in strikeouts (242) and innings (244) while posting a 2.25 ERA and holding opponents to a .192 batting average.
Oct 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
That was nice of him.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 9, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
He’s certainly up there. Let’s learn a bit about him, shall we?
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Jose Altuve and Justin Morneau are your 2014 batting champions in the American League and the National League, respectively.
Sep 28, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Johnny Cueto delivered eight innings of one-run ball and smacked a go-ahead RBI single in the bottom of the eighth as the Reds defeated the Pirates 4-1 on Sunday afternoon at Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park, ousting Pittsburgh from the division race while allowing St. Louis to scratch ace right-hander Adam Wainwright from his scheduled start in Arizona.
Sep 28, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
A flu bug has been going around the Cardinals’ clubhouse for the past couple of weeks and it took ahold of Matt Holliday on Saturday night in Arizona, but he is back in the starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale versus the Diamondbacks.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 13
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 46
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)