Mar 6, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
Votto explains his approach to one of his biggest detractors.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Reds fans may wonder why anyone would WANT to be like Votto, but everyone who doesn’t listen to Marty Brennaman knows that Votto is a pretty swell guy to emulate.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because he wasn’t dominant enough as it was.
Feb 21, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Votto addressed continued criticism of his approach upon arriving to Reds camp today in Goodyear, Arizona.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Domonic Brown will have the attention and assistance of Hall of Fame third baseman Mike Schmdit during spring training with the Phillies.
Feb 18, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
He started 23 games with a 3.71 ERA before being shut down in the first season of a $105 million contract extension.
Feb 15, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Reds would still like to sign Johnny Cueto to a contract extension, but he won’t negotiate beyond Opening Day.
Feb 13, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
In other news, Marty Brennaman is being silly.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:13 AM EDT
The fireballer saved 36 games last year.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 8, 2015, 2:09 PM EDT
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Reds have signed third baseman Todd Frazier to a two-year, $12 million contract. It covers Frazier’s first two years of arbitration-eligibility.
Feb 7, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
After some consideration, Reds GM Walt Jocketty isn’t sure if Dayan Viciedo is a fit for the club.
Feb 7, 2015, 12:49 PM EDT
The Reds signed reliever Burke Badenhop to a one-year deal on Saturday, bolstering their bullpen.
Feb 6, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Cueto threw a league-leading 244 innings with a 2.25 ERA and league-high 242 strikeouts last season to finish runner-up in the Cy Young balloting to Clayton Kershaw.
Feb 5, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
That means Latos will make $9.4 million in his final season before free agency, rather than the $10.4 million he requested.
Feb 4, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Ludwick will get $1.75 million if he makes the Opening Day roster out of spring training.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Santiago spent last season with the Reds, hitting .246 with a .667 OPS in 75 games.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:22 AM EDT
Good luck, Devin.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Welcome to the future, man.
Jan 26, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
Mesoraco is arbitration eligible for the first time at age 26 and filed for $3.6 million, while the Reds countered at $2.45 million.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
If you made a trade with St. Louis in the 90s and 2000s, you likely got the bad end of that trade. Because of this guy.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 7, 2015, 10:13 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto’s agent Bryce Dixon said last month that his client wouldn’t negotiate an extension with the Reds beyond Opening Day 2015. The right-hander is only 28 years old and has been one of the best starting pitchers in baseball for several seasons …
Jan 2, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
He was non-tendered by the Reds last month.
Dec 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Reds get a left fielder. The Phillies unload at least part of a contract.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)