Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 AM EDT
The groundwork for all that will happen this offseason begins today in Phoenix
Nov 7, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Pirates added some infield depth, selecting Jake Elmore off of waivers from the Reds on Friday.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 7, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Trades surprise people all the time, of course, but something to keep in mind amid all the rumors swirling.
Nov 6, 2014, 8:49 AM EDT
It certainly would take a lot of “stuff.”
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Expensive buyouts, too.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Cueto was amazing this season, leading the league in strikeouts (242) and innings (244) while posting a 2.25 ERA and holding opponents to a .192 batting average.
Oct 28, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
That was nice of him.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 9, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
He’s certainly up there. Let’s learn a bit about him, shall we?
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Jose Altuve and Justin Morneau are your 2014 batting champions in the American League and the National League, respectively.
Sep 28, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto delivered eight innings of one-run ball and smacked a go-ahead RBI single in the bottom of the eighth as the Reds defeated the Pirates 4-1 on Sunday afternoon at Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park, ousting Pittsburgh from the division race while allowing St. Louis to scratch ace right-hander Adam Wainwright from his scheduled start in Arizona.
Sep 28, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
A flu bug has been going around the Cardinals’ clubhouse for the past couple of weeks and it took ahold of Matt Holliday on Saturday night in Arizona, but he is back in the starting lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale versus the Diamondbacks.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
Sep 28, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
It was the second-to-last day of the regular season, and you probably already saw what happened in the games that mattered. But in case you didn’t …
Sep 27, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Pirates and Cardinals go into the final game of the season still vying for the NL Central title.
Sep 27, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
With the loss by the Pirates, the Cardinals can clinch the National League Central with a win over the Diamondbacks tonight.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
The Reds have underwhelmed under Walt Jocketty, but the Reds signed him to a multi-year deal to keep him around through at least 2016.
Sep 26, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Yet another reason to stop referring to concussions as “mild.”
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)