Sep 4, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
Bailey could miss the beginning of next year as a result.
Sep 4, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Phillips is 8-for-54 (.148) in 14 games since coming off the disabled list “ahead of schedule.”
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Sep 1, 2014, 10:09 PM EST
Bailey is currently deciding whether to undergo surgery for a flexor mass strain in his right elbow.
Aug 31, 2014, 1:48 PM EST
The National League Central-leading Brewers just made a pretty significant upgrade to their bullpen. From Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com comes word that Milwaukee has acquired right-handed reliever Jonathan Broxton in a waiver trade with the Reds.
Aug 31, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Jay Bruce finished 0-for-3 with two strikeouts in Saturday’s loss to the Pirates and is now batting .217/.292/.369 with 130 strikeouts in 114 total games this season. He’s sporting a career-worst .661 OPS and it looks like he’ll finish with fewer than 20 home runs for the first time since breaking into the major leagues in 2008.
Aug 29, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Joey Votto hasn’t been progressing as well from his quad injury as the Reds would have liked.
Aug 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Not many rookies in recent MLB history have done as much running as The Fastest Man In Baseball.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 26, 2014, 8:56 PM EST
Joey Votto is finally beginning to make some progress in his recovery from a severe quad strain. According to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon, the Reds first baseman began taking dry swings and throwing lightly on Tuesday afternoon.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 23, 2014, 9:32 AM EST
The Tigers turned to infielder Andrew Romine to pitch in a blowout last night.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:17 PM EST
Mike Minor is on point in Cincinnati against the Reds on Friday night.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
With the Reds down 8-0 to the Braves last night manager Bryan Price decided to save the bullpen and turned to utility man Skip Schumaker to work the ninth inning.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Aroldis Chapman gave the Reds a big scare when he walked all four batters he faced Sunday and then was unavailable for several days with an “achy” left shoulder, but the flame-throwing closer was back in action Thursday night.
Aug 21, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
He heads to Triple-A tied for the Reds franchise record in relief losses with 10, which is especially remarkable considering he won his first decision of the season before dropping 10 straight.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Watch as Reds outfielder Billy Hamilton pulls off a sensational double play Wednesday in St. Louis …
Aug 20, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
A bases-loaded walk helped the Tigers win a game. A walkoff plunking gave the Cardinals the win. And the crew in Chicago couldn’t get a tarp on the field. Can anyone around here play this game anymore?
Aug 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
For whatever it’s worth, Chapman averaged 99.5 miles per hour with his fastball in Sunday’s walk-fest, topping out at 101.5 mph.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 18, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
He hit just .272 with seven homers and one stolen base in 86 games before the injury, posting a .701 OPS that’s his lowest in nine seasons with the Reds.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 18, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
Fresh off of the disabled list, Michael Cuddyer became the first player to hit for the cycle this season in the second game of Sunday’s double-header against the Reds.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)