May 26, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Good news for the Reds’ biggest trade chit — er, I mean, for their ace.
May 26, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
He also homered, had three hits and drove in the go-ahead run with a sac fly in the ninth.
May 26, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Walking Mike Trout, running Bartolo Colon. Today’s ATH has everything.
May 25, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Playing through the injury did not work at all.
May 23, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Joey Votto made an unorthodox throw to help turn a double play against the Indians on Saturday.
May 23, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Here’s something you don’t see very often.
May 23, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
Mesoraco has been dealing with a hip injury all season and surgery could be next.
May 23, 2015, 12:59 PM EDT
Cueto has been bothered by “general stiffness” dating back to his last start on Tuesday.
May 23, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
The Marlins have lost eight games in a row and are now 0-5 under new manager Dan Jennings, but at least Dee Gordon is doing some cool things.
May 22, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Bad news for the reeling Marlins: starters Mat Latos and Henderson Alvarez both will take at least a couple of weeks off due to injuries.
May 20, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
Another chance for the 37-year-old reliever.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 17, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Nine pitches, nine strikes, three strikeouts. That’s how Santiago Casilla finished off the Reds on Sunday.
May 17, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Billy Hamilton hit leadoff in all 136 of his starts last season and he had again served as the Reds’ leadoff man in his first 33 starts this season. But that will change in Sunday’s series finale against the Giants.
May 16, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Sean Marshall has been limited to just 31 appearances in the majors since 2013 due to shoulder issues and now the southpaw needs season-ending surgery to repair a torn anterior capsule.
May 15, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Dilson Herrera was hit in the hand during fielding drills on Friday. X-rays revealed a broken right middle finger.
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
May 14, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Mesoraco hasn’t caught since April 12 due to a left hip impingement.
May 14, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Bat-flips and celebrations are still considered bad form because baseball’s structure reinforces a very white and very old school culture.
May 13, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips was lifted from Tuesday’s game against the Braves in the bottom of the eighth inning and he is absent from Wednesday’s starting lineup.
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
May 13, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
And for that we should be very, very grateful.
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
May 11, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
Gregg went 0-2 with a 10.13 ERA in 11 appearances.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 1
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 30
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)