Sep 26, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Yet another reason to stop referring to concussions as “mild.”
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
They spent five months in first place. Now they’ll be home for October.
Sep 24, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
It would have been Braun’s 20th homer of the season.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Ludwick had a big year for the Reds in 2012, but spent most of last season on the disabled list and has hit just .245 with nine homers and a .684 OPS in 110 games this season.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 23, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
Last week deGrom tied the MLB record by striking out the first eight batters he faced against the Marlins and overall since mid-June he has a 1.90 ERA in 15 starts.
Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 AM EST
The whole year?!!! *someone whispers in my ear that there’s only a week left* Oh, in that case.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EST
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 14, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Reds right-hander Mat Latos was scratched from his scheduled start Friday against the Brewers due to a bone bruise in his pitching elbow. It’s not believed to be a serious injury, but the regular season is over in two weeks and Cincinnati enters play Sunday with a record of 71-78. So there’s no reason to push it.
Sep 12, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Don’t blame his pitching appearances.
Sep 12, 2014, 3:25 PM EST
Right-hander Daniel Corcino, who has appeared in just two games as a reliever since making his MLB debut in late August, will start in Latos’ place against the Brewers.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 11, 2014, 5:55 PM EST
Pretty good reaction from the fan trying to catch a would-be homer, too.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 9, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Watch as Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong tracks down this Billy Hamilton lopper into shallow right-center field to save a run in the bottom of the fourth inning Tuesday night in Cincinnati …
Sep 6, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
If Joey Votto is healthy enough to return before the end of the season, Reds manager Bryan Price would like to see his first baseman back in the lineup.
Sep 4, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
Bailey could miss the beginning of next year as a result.
Sep 4, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Phillips is 8-for-54 (.148) in 14 games since coming off the disabled list “ahead of schedule.”
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Sep 1, 2014, 10:09 PM EST
Bailey is currently deciding whether to undergo surgery for a flexor mass strain in his right elbow.
Aug 31, 2014, 1:48 PM EST
The National League Central-leading Brewers just made a pretty significant upgrade to their bullpen. From Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com comes word that Milwaukee has acquired right-handed reliever Jonathan Broxton in a waiver trade with the Reds.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (110)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)