Mar 30, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Maholm has indicated that he wants to continue starting, which likely sealed his fate in Cincinnati and limits his options going forward.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
It doesn’t seem like the Nationals and Jordan Zimmermann will reach an agreement on a contract extension before the regular season begins.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:39 AM EDT
But it probably doesn’t matter because a reinstated Rose would be pretty limited to begin with.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
We shouldn’t forget about the 28- and 29-year-olds getting sent down, too.
Mar 23, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Brandon Phillips says the focus on on-base percentage is “messing up baseball.”
Mar 20, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
The Phillies’ spring hasn’t gone very well, but they appear to have avoided a serious injury with Domonic Brown.
Mar 19, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Do the Marlins have what it takes to contend for the NL Wild Card in 2015?
Mar 18, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
My boy loves Yasiel Puig. My girl loves Clayton Kershaw. They’ve never been to Los Angeles in their lives. How does this happen?
Mar 18, 2015, 12:26 PM EDT
Also out: Tony Cingrani.
Mar 16, 2015, 2:34 PM EDT
Tony Cingrani was very impressive starting games for the Reds as a 23-year-old rookie in 2013.
Mar 16, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
My previous two days in the desert took me to a couple of cool places.
Mar 15, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
From John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer comes word that Reds outfielder Jason Bourgeois suffered a fracture in his left shoulder while sliding into a base and will be sidelined for the next 4-6 weeks.
Mar 13, 2015, 1:26 PM EDT
D-Train’s latest comeback has ended. And it looks like the end of the line.
Mar 11, 2015, 10:07 PM EDT
Mesoraco should be ready for more Cactus League action in about a week and he is fully expected to be ready for Opening Day. The 26-year-old hit .273/.359/.534 with 25 homers and 80 RBI in 114 games last season.
Mar 9, 2015, 11:39 AM EDT
Mesoraco signed a four-year, $28 million deal with the Reds in January.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
Votto explains his approach to one of his biggest detractors.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Reds fans may wonder why anyone would WANT to be like Votto, but everyone who doesn’t listen to Marty Brennaman knows that Votto is a pretty swell guy to emulate.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because he wasn’t dominant enough as it was.
Feb 21, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Votto addressed continued criticism of his approach upon arriving to Reds camp today in Goodyear, Arizona.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Domonic Brown will have the attention and assistance of Hall of Fame third baseman Mike Schmdit during spring training with the Phillies.
Feb 18, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
He started 23 games with a 3.71 ERA before being shut down in the first season of a $105 million contract extension.
Feb 15, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Reds would still like to sign Johnny Cueto to a contract extension, but he won’t negotiate beyond Opening Day.
Feb 13, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
In other news, Marty Brennaman is being silly.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:13 AM EDT
The fireballer saved 36 games last year.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)