Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 31, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Joey Votto is so good that he can walk on three balls.
May 31, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto hasn’t pitched since May 19 due to stiffness in his right elbow, but he made it through a bullpen session on Sunday morning without issue …
May 30, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
Harper was hit in the back by a 93 mph fastball from Reds left-hander Tony Cingrani on Friday night.
Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base
May 29, 2015, 11:41 PM EDT
Bryce Harper was hit square in the back with a fastball and had the gall not to sprint immediately to first base. What nerve!
May 29, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg came out of Friday’s start after facing one batter in the second inning against the Reds.
May 27, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
Reds ace Johnny Cueto was scratched from a start last week after experiencing stiffness in his right elbow, but an MRI taken Tuesday afternoon came up clean …
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 26, 2015, 6:12 PM EDT
Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips missed back-to-back games earlier this month after being diagnosed with a painful case of turf toe in his left foot, and now the problem has resurfaced.
May 26, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Good news for the Reds’ biggest trade chit — er, I mean, for their ace.
May 26, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
He also homered, had three hits and drove in the go-ahead run with a sac fly in the ninth.
May 26, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Walking Mike Trout, running Bartolo Colon. Today’s ATH has everything.
May 25, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Playing through the injury did not work at all.
May 23, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Joey Votto made an unorthodox throw to help turn a double play against the Indians on Saturday.
May 23, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Here’s something you don’t see very often.
May 23, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
Mesoraco has been dealing with a hip injury all season and surgery could be next.
May 23, 2015, 12:59 PM EDT
Cueto has been bothered by “general stiffness” dating back to his last start on Tuesday.
May 23, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
The Marlins have lost eight games in a row and are now 0-5 under new manager Dan Jennings, but at least Dee Gordon is doing some cool things.
May 22, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Bad news for the reeling Marlins: starters Mat Latos and Henderson Alvarez both will take at least a couple of weeks off due to injuries.
May 20, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
Another chance for the 37-year-old reliever.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 17, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Nine pitches, nine strikes, three strikeouts. That’s how Santiago Casilla finished off the Reds on Sunday.
May 17, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Billy Hamilton hit leadoff in all 136 of his starts last season and he had again served as the Reds’ leadoff man in his first 33 starts this season. But that will change in Sunday’s series finale against the Giants.
May 16, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Sean Marshall has been limited to just 31 appearances in the majors since 2013 due to shoulder issues and now the southpaw needs season-ending surgery to repair a torn anterior capsule.
May 15, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Dilson Herrera was hit in the hand during fielding drills on Friday. X-rays revealed a broken right middle finger.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)