Apr 21, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Ike Davis is making fast friends in Pittsburgh.
Apr 21, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT
Aroldis Chapman is getting closer to returning to game action.
Apr 19, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
The Reds are hoping that Sean Marshall’s shoulder issues are behind him.
Apr 18, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Dat Dude back pain.
Apr 18, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Aroldis Chapman’s recovery from facial fractures has progressed to the point that the Reds left-hander has been cleared to throw live batting practice, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:06 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts yesterday. Including one that was the Platonic Ideal of a baseball game. At least if you have taste and stuff.
Apr 16, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
Cueto set a career high for strikeouts as he tossed his third career shutout
Apr 16, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Pirates outfielder Jose Tabata just made a great catch to rob Brayan Pena of an extra-base hit, but unfortunately he slammed into an unpadded portion of the wall in Cincinnati and had to leave the game.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 14, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Good news, baseball fans. Aroldis Chapman is throwing off a mound again.
Apr 14, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The other owners will have to ratify the move at their next meeting, but as of yesterday it’s all but official: the Braves now own the Nationals.
Apr 13, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Reds lefty Tony Cingrani is doing something that hasn’t been accomplished in 100 years.
Apr 13, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The Reds make a pair of base running errors on the same play.
Apr 13, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
It’s going to be at least another month before right-hander Mat Latos is able to join the Reds’ rotation. MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon reports that Latos has been diagnosed with a flexor mass strain in his elbow and will be shut down for 10-14 days.
Apr 12, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Joey Votto will hit second Saturday for the first time since 2008. Kudos to Bryan Price.
Apr 12, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
Reds right-hander Mat Latos had another setback in a bullpen session Friday.
Apr 10, 2014, 7:06 AM EDT
I saw Captain America last night. It was way better than the first few innings of the Tigers-Dodgers game.
Apr 9, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Billy Hamilton has some serious, serious wheels.
Apr 9, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
Everyone already knew that Royals rookie Yordano Ventura throws incredibly hard, but his 2014 debut last night was on a whole different level.
Apr 8, 2014, 10:03 PM EDT
Reds first baseman Joey Votto said in February that he wants Cincinnati baseball fans to get to know him better and that his workmanlike approach might have kept that from happening in his first several years with the club. If this is the real Joey Votto — dry-witted but goofy — we’d love to see more and more …
Apr 8, 2014, 9:14 PM EDT
According to beat writer John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Latos had to be scratched from a scheduled rehab start Tuesday night at Triple-A Louisville due to inflammation in his right elbow.
Apr 8, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Reds manager Bryan Price has already said that Jonathan Broxton would take over as Aroldis Chapman’s closer fill-in once healthy, so now that he’s off the disabled list it’ll be interesting to see if the big right-hander immediately jumps into ninth-inning duties.
Apr 8, 2014, 6:13 AM EDT
The A’s remind me of someone. And a couple of rainouts remind me of my favorite movie ever.
Apr 7, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Reds catcher Devin Mesoraco has been activated from the disabled list after being sidelined since the middle of spring training with an oblique injury.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EDT
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)