May 14, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Mesoraco hasn’t caught since April 12 due to a left hip impingement.
May 14, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Bat-flips and celebrations are still considered bad form because baseball’s structure reinforces a very white and very old school culture.
May 13, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips was lifted from Tuesday’s game against the Braves in the bottom of the eighth inning and he is absent from Wednesday’s starting lineup.
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
May 13, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
And for that we should be very, very grateful.
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
May 11, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
Gregg went 0-2 with a 10.13 ERA in 11 appearances.
May 11, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
I like that picture. It says “Michael Pineda came, Michael Pineda saw, Michael Pineda conquered.”
May 9, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Carlos Rodon earned the win in his first major league start against the Reds on Saturday.
May 8, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Homer Bailey had Tommy John surgery on Friday, which will likely keep him out until midseason in 2016.
May 8, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
He’ll serve the suspension tonight.
May 7, 2015, 9:40 PM EDT
Marmol had a brief stint with the Marlins last season and posted an ugly 8.10 ERA and 14/10 K/BB ratio in 13 1/3 innings.
May 6, 2015, 8:42 PM EDT
Joey Votto is probably facing a suspension for this scene Wednesday at Pittsburgh’s PNC Park …
May 6, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
This is easily the most photo and video-heavy ATH of all time. Mostly because pitchers did things with bats and teams wore throwbacks last night.
May 5, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Mesoraco is still unable to squat and acknowledged to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer on Tuesday that he might need surgery to get over the injury — a surgery that would come with a four-month rehab.
May 5, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
Frazier’s last five hits have been home runs and he has now leapfrogged Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez for the National League lead in that category (at nine total).
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
May 2, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz won’t stop hitting home runs.
May 1, 2015, 2:26 PM EDT
See you in mid-to-late 2016, Homer.
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 29, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 28, 2015, 5:11 PM EDT
Bailey is in the second season of a $105 million contract extension..
Apr 28, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
The Mets continue to be Amazin’.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (135)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)