Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 13, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Prior to tonight, new Cubs left-hander Jon Lester hadn’t made a pickoff throw to first base since April 30, 2013. Now we know why.
Apr 13, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
Mesoraco finally got a chance as a regular catcher last season and thrived by hitting .273 with 25 homers and an .893 OPS.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
A.K.A. When Joe West’s crew bungles a call.
Apr 13, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
Just what the Reds and the Cards need more of: bad blood.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 11, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
Joey Votto was colorful in describing himself to the media after hitting a pair of home runs on Friday night.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The Reds won in their final at-bat for the fourth time in four games to start the season. Tigers pitching finally yielded an earned run. Mark Buehrle won his 200th career game. Friday had a lot of interesting results.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
On Friday against the Cardinals, the Reds became the first team since 1912 to win their first four games in their final at-bat.
Apr 10, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Billy Hamilton is the first player to steal six bases in his team’s first three games since Vince Coleman in 1987. Coleman was the last player to steal 100-plus bases. Could Hamilton accomplish the feat?
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Apr 2, 2015, 1:50 PM EDT
Bailey is making his way back from September flexor tendon surgery.
Apr 1, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto is due to become a free agent five days after the 2015 World Series and he has said that he will not allow in-season extension negotiations. So the countdown clock is on in Cincinnati’s front office, and it sure looks like time is going to run out.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Phillies are going to be bad in 2015. But just how bad?
Mar 31, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Is the fun over in Cincy?
Mar 31, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Lefties never die. But Mijares is going to have a harder time now.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Maholm has indicated that he wants to continue starting, which likely sealed his fate in Cincinnati and limits his options going forward.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
It doesn’t seem like the Nationals and Jordan Zimmermann will reach an agreement on a contract extension before the regular season begins.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:39 AM EDT
But it probably doesn’t matter because a reinstated Rose would be pretty limited to begin with.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
We shouldn’t forget about the 28- and 29-year-olds getting sent down, too.
Mar 23, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Brandon Phillips says the focus on on-base percentage is “messing up baseball.”
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)