Apr 13, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Tanaka is trying to avoid Tommy John elbow surgery.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz stepped out of the batter’s box on Opening Day and received a warning letter from Major League Baseball.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Apr 6, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
They’re the seventh team since 1914 to pull off the feat.
Apr 5, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
It will be a while until the Red Sox and Rick Porcello sit back down to discuss a contract extension.
Apr 2, 2015, 8:27 AM EDT
Schilling is gonna Schilling
Mar 29, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
According to Sean McAdam of CSN New England, the Red Sox have named right-hander Clay Buchholz their Opening Day starter.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
Kudos to Epstein for a good answer. Kudos to Schilling for a couple of more probing questions.
Mar 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Worst to first . . . to worst and back to first?
Feb 4, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
They shoulda let him buy the team. Super Bowl rings woulda fallen from the sky!
Jan 5, 2015, 4:35 PM EDT
Jon Heyman won’t vote for Mike Piazza or Jeff Bagwell because of rumors and hearsay, but as recently as a year ago he supported David Ortiz despite Big Papi once failing a drug test.
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
The Red Sox add their third starting pitcher in 24 hours.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
The powerful and controversial drug is allowing Game 2’s hero to battle through shoulder pain.
Sep 30, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT
Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz underwent surgery Tuesday to correct a right meniscus injury that bothered him off and on throughout the 2014 season. He should have a fairly normal winter.
Sep 29, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
After being limited to 16 starts last season, Buchholz managed to make 28 starts this year, but he saw his ERA jump from 1.74 to 5.34 in the process.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Aug 7, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz has been so bad this season, going 5-7 with a 6.20 ERA after going 12-1 with a 1.74 ERA last year, that the 29-year-old right-hander and Red Sox manager John Farrell are both being asked if he’s healthy or pitching through an injury.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Jul 29, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Two days ago Felix Doubront talked at length about how he wants to be back in Boston’s rotation following a demotion to the bullpen and, if the Red Sox aren’t willing to use him as a starter again, he wants to be traded.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 2, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
It’s been unusual for Uehara to run into any trouble so his posting a 5.14 ERA in eight outings has been a strange sight.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)