Jan 5, 2015, 4:35 PM EST
Jon Heyman won’t vote for Mike Piazza or Jeff Bagwell because of rumors and hearsay, but as recently as a year ago he supported David Ortiz despite Big Papi once failing a drug test.
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EST
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
The Red Sox add their third starting pitcher in 24 hours.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
The powerful and controversial drug is allowing Game 2’s hero to battle through shoulder pain.
Sep 30, 2014, 7:08 PM EST
Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz underwent surgery Tuesday to correct a right meniscus injury that bothered him off and on throughout the 2014 season. He should have a fairly normal winter.
Sep 29, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
After being limited to 16 starts last season, Buchholz managed to make 28 starts this year, but he saw his ERA jump from 1.74 to 5.34 in the process.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EST
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Aug 7, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Clay Buchholz has been so bad this season, going 5-7 with a 6.20 ERA after going 12-1 with a 1.74 ERA last year, that the 29-year-old right-hander and Red Sox manager John Farrell are both being asked if he’s healthy or pitching through an injury.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Jul 29, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Two days ago Felix Doubront talked at length about how he wants to be back in Boston’s rotation following a demotion to the bullpen and, if the Red Sox aren’t willing to use him as a starter again, he wants to be traded.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The last baseball that counts for a few days. Enjoy it, folks.
Jul 2, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
It’s been unusual for Uehara to run into any trouble so his posting a 5.14 ERA in eight outings has been a strange sight.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter reminded me of something.
Jun 19, 2014, 8:38 PM EST
Clay Buchholz struggled in his first minor-league rehab start last week, but fared much better this afternoon by tossing six shutout innings at Triple-A Pawtucket.
Jun 16, 2014, 4:53 PM EST
Clay Buchholz had a shaky first minor-league rehab start Saturday at Triple-A, allowing three runs in 4.2 innings, and today the Red Sox announced that he’ll make at least one more start in the minors before coming off the disabled list.
May 29, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Rubby De La Rosa will take Clay Buchholz’s place in the Red Sox starting rotation.
May 28, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
Clay Buchholz was placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with a hyperextended knee — and a 7.02 ERA.
May 28, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
It may have happened Monday. Still not sure what happened the previous several starts before that . . .
May 27, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Whether he’s hurt or merely lost, Clay Buchholz is not helping the Red Sox at all right now.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
May 26, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
The Red Sox dug out of an early hole this afternoon to snap their 10-game losing streak.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
He still probably performed better than the guy calling the balls and strikes.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (100)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)