Jan 7, 2015, 10:13 PM EST
Johnny Cueto’s agent Bryce Dixon said last month that his client wouldn’t negotiate an extension with the Reds beyond Opening Day 2015. The right-hander is only 28 years old and has been one of the best starting pitchers in baseball for several seasons …
Dec 30, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
Jeter was third.
Dec 10, 2014, 7:03 PM EST
The Dodgers just traded starting pitcher Dan Haren to the Marlins in a multi-player swap and are now ready to spend some money to fill the vacancy.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 8, 2014, 11:35 AM EST
Ten men are nominated. And we’ll know which of them will make it at 2pm Eastern today.
Dec 3, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
The Cubs, Red Sox, and Giants have been called the finalists for free agent left-hander Jon Lester, but talk of a mystery team has been growing. And now that club has apparently been identified.
Nov 13, 2014, 6:56 PM EST
Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw adds yet more hardware to his mantle.
Nov 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
You may not agree that Kershaw is the NL MVP. But please, follow the rules and consider him.
Nov 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
In the least-surprising result of this award season, Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw has been named the 2014 Cy Young Award winner in the National League by the Baseball Writers Association of America. It was a unanimous vote — the first since Tigers righty Justin Verlander won unanimously in 2011.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 27, 2014, 11:04 AM EST
The second big front-office defection of the offseason for the Dodgers.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
Game 5 of the NLCS has already been a wild, seesaw affair.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
A lesson from the Umbrella Man of the JFK assassination.
Oct 12, 2014, 12:39 AM EST
After five straight with Grichuk in right, it’s time for the Cardinals to try something different.
Oct 9, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
“I don’t know what I’m going to do if he’s not back.”
Oct 8, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Here’s a cool video and audio mash-up from MLB.com featuring three different calls off Matt Adams’ go-ahead three-run shot against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw that iced the NLCS for the Cardinals …
Oct 8, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
Maybe his secret is that he calls a homer every time?
Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 PM EST
Benching Yasiel Puig in Game 4 didn’t doom the Dodgers, but it probably didn’t help.
Oct 7, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
The Cardinals are heading to the NLCS for the fourth consecutive season, and for the ninth time since 2000.
Oct 7, 2014, 7:54 PM EST
Here’s the video of Matt Adams’ go-ahead three-run shot off Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw …
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)