Sep 1, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Matt Williams wears sunglasses like this so you cannot tell that he is asleep.
Aug 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Jake Arrieta looked great last night. At least during his no-hitter. Afterward? Well, at least he looked comfortable.
Aug 29, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Gavin Floyd will pitch out of the bullpen for the Indians when he is activated on Tuesday.
Aug 27, 2015, 7:45 AM EDT
Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move their lips, just a bunch of gibberish, And opposing teams act like they forgot about JV.
Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 25, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
An MRI taken Tuesday showed no major structural damage, but Carrasco was administered a cortisone injection and will be shut down for the next week or so.
Aug 25, 2015, 6:07 PM EDT
Carrasco struck out 11 batters and allowed just one run over 6 2/3 innings in a win over the Yankees last Friday. He boasts a 3.53 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, and 173/32 K/BB ratio in 158 total frames this year.
Aug 25, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
A couple of walkoffs and several big, big innings around Major League Baseball last night.
Aug 24, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
The NL Central is scary.
Aug 24, 2015, 6:21 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion and the Blue Jays bash their way back into first place.
Aug 22, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Nick Swisher homered from both sides of the plate but the Braves still lost to the Cubs on Saturday.
Aug 22, 2015, 2:06 PM EDT
Posada is the 19th player to have his number retired by the Yankees, the most of any team.
Aug 21, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
Both Texas teams were on the wrong end of one-hit shutouts last night, the Rangers by Alfredo Simon, the Astros by Chris Archer.
Aug 19, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Aug 18, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
Before the DL stint he batted .326 with 43 total extra-base hits and an .878 OPS in 101 games.
Aug 18, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Other than a pitcher getting a comebacker to the face and a couple of walkoffs, it was kind of a quiet and boring night around MLB.
Aug 17, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“Whatever bit me, it got infected.”
Aug 15, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Watch all five of Jackie Bradley, Jr.’s extra-base hits in Saturday’s 22-10 win against the Mariners.
Aug 15, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
The Red Sox ran roughshod over the Mariners again on Saturday, scoring 22 runs after putting up 15 on Friday.
Aug 14, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He’s struggling and he’s annoyed.
Aug 13, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
The Indians have gone above and beyond for Mike Aviles and his family this year as his daughter Adriana fights leukemia.
Aug 13, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma with the no-no.
Aug 12, 2015, 8:40 AM EDT
Which is quite different from how things were back in March of 2013.
Aug 12, 2015, 7:12 AM EDT
All 15 home teams won yesterday. That has never happened since there have been 30 teams in baseball. Madison Bumgarner pitched fantastically. That happens all the time.
Aug 10, 2015, 8:08 AM EDT
The Blue Jays sweep the Yankees, Buck Showalter leaves me scratching my head and I get to use the word “boner” for an actual baseball purpose.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 48
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 68
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)