Nov 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Former prospect Andy Marte will try to prove himself as a member of a new team in the Korea Baseball Organization.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
The Royals may not have won the AL Wild Card if not for the confounding decisions of manager Ned Yost.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EST
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:14 AM EST
A’s center fielder Coco Crisp was removed from Tuesday night’s American League Wild Card Game before the bottom of the 11th inning with an apparent hamstring injury.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Oakland opened the floodgates on the Royals in the sixth inning.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 20, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the A’s getting back in the win column.
Aug 30, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
The A’s are calling him day-to-day.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an AL West showdown.
Aug 24, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
The A’s and Angels are tied again at the very top of the American League West standings. Jon Lester struck out seven and allowed just one run on five hits and a walk, and Coco Crisp scored the go-ahead run on an eighth-inning wild pitch as Oakland topped the visiting Halos 2-1 on Saturday.
Aug 9, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
We have seen some interesting hair choices from Athletics center fielder Coco Crisp in the past, but this one takes the cake.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Once upon a time Andy Marte was one of the best prospects in baseball. He cracked Baseball America’s top 15 list in 2004, 2005, and 2006.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:13 AM EST
Tommy Milone was the odd man out in the A’s rotation before today, so there was really no place for him in Oakland following the Jon Lester trade.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
“We’ve all come to the conclusion that it’s something we’re gonna be battling the rest of the season.”
Jul 28, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
A’s outfielder Craig Gentry began the season on the disabled list with a back injury and now, after hitting just .264 with zero homers and a .625 OPS in 80 games, he’s going on the shelf again with a broken hand.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The A’s reached the halfway mark of their season Sunday, and it’s tough to find too much fault with what took place over the first 81 games.
Jun 22, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
The best record in Major League Baseball belongs to the Athletics. So does the longest winning streak. Jesse Chavez allowed just three hits over seven scoreless innings and Coco Crisp hit a walkoff RBI single in the bottom of the 10th as Oakland defeated the visiting Red Sox 2-1 on Saturday afternoon at O.co Coliseum.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 11, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Angels center fielder Mike Trout and A’s center fielder Coco Crisp exchanged spectacular wall-straddling catches in the early innings of Wednesday night’s game in Anaheim.
May 24, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Coco Crisp is developing a game in which you catch baseballs in his hair. He wants some help coming up with a name for it.
Apr 12, 2014, 4:37 PM EST
The A’s designated Sam Fuld for assignment with Craig Gentry coming off the disabled list.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)