Nov 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Former prospect Andy Marte will try to prove himself as a member of a new team in the Korea Baseball Organization.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
The Royals may not have won the AL Wild Card if not for the confounding decisions of manager Ned Yost.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EST
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:14 AM EST
A’s center fielder Coco Crisp was removed from Tuesday night’s American League Wild Card Game before the bottom of the 11th inning with an apparent hamstring injury.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:18 PM EST
Oakland opened the floodgates on the Royals in the sixth inning.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 20, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the A’s getting back in the win column.
Aug 30, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
The A’s are calling him day-to-day.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an AL West showdown.
Aug 24, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
The A’s and Angels are tied again at the very top of the American League West standings. Jon Lester struck out seven and allowed just one run on five hits and a walk, and Coco Crisp scored the go-ahead run on an eighth-inning wild pitch as Oakland topped the visiting Halos 2-1 on Saturday.
Aug 9, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
We have seen some interesting hair choices from Athletics center fielder Coco Crisp in the past, but this one takes the cake.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Once upon a time Andy Marte was one of the best prospects in baseball. He cracked Baseball America’s top 15 list in 2004, 2005, and 2006.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:13 AM EST
Tommy Milone was the odd man out in the A’s rotation before today, so there was really no place for him in Oakland following the Jon Lester trade.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
“We’ve all come to the conclusion that it’s something we’re gonna be battling the rest of the season.”
Jul 28, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
A’s outfielder Craig Gentry began the season on the disabled list with a back injury and now, after hitting just .264 with zero homers and a .625 OPS in 80 games, he’s going on the shelf again with a broken hand.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The A’s reached the halfway mark of their season Sunday, and it’s tough to find too much fault with what took place over the first 81 games.
Jun 22, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
The best record in Major League Baseball belongs to the Athletics. So does the longest winning streak. Jesse Chavez allowed just three hits over seven scoreless innings and Coco Crisp hit a walkoff RBI single in the bottom of the 10th as Oakland defeated the visiting Red Sox 2-1 on Saturday afternoon at O.co Coliseum.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 11, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Angels center fielder Mike Trout and A’s center fielder Coco Crisp exchanged spectacular wall-straddling catches in the early innings of Wednesday night’s game in Anaheim.
May 24, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Coco Crisp is developing a game in which you catch baseballs in his hair. He wants some help coming up with a name for it.
Apr 12, 2014, 4:37 PM EST
The A’s designated Sam Fuld for assignment with Craig Gentry coming off the disabled list.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 74
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)