Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 28, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
The Mets continue to be Amazin’.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 23, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Are the Astros ready to contend?
Mar 10, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Astros are going whiff a whole bunch this year. Does it matter?
Mar 8, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
It’s spring, and the Astros scored two runs, but it’s still a no-hitter!
Feb 25, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Rasmus, that is.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
Jan 20, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The defending AL East-champion Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agent outfielders like Norichika Aoki and Colby Rasmus, but Aoki signed with the Giants on Monday and Rasmus agreed to a deal Tuesday with the Astros. So, what now?
Jan 20, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Monday the Astros traded center fielder Dexter Fowler to the Cubs.
Jan 17, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
The Braves, Cubs, Rangers, and Orioles are among the teams looking for an outfield bat at the moment.
Jan 5, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
The Orioles have free agent outfielder Colby Rasmus on their radar, but it seems that they might have some competition from another team in the American League East.
Jan 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
The Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agents Colby Rasmus, Norichika Aoki, and Ichiro Suzuki. But trading for a new outfielder is another route being explored by the Baltimore front office.
Jan 3, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
Showalter wants to know if Rasmus would be a good fit in Baltimore.
Dec 31, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
The Orioles want to be sure the 28-year-old outfielder is going to be a good fit before they make him a formal offer. Encina says they’re considering signing Rasmus to a one-year contract in the $6-8 million range.
Dec 29, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Aoki has a .287 batting average and a .353 on-base percentage over three seasons in the majors and would be a candidate to take over the leadoff spot for Baltimore.
Dec 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Rasmus has been a center fielder for his entire career, but could replace Nick Markakis in right field.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 14, 2014, 5:04 PM EDT
From Shi Davidi of Toronto’s Sportsnet.ca …
Dec 8, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
And, if he’s smart, they’re on his.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 6
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 42
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)