Sep 4, 2015, 1:10 PM EDT
Adding a 30-homer bat to the lineup.
Aug 20, 2015, 10:59 PM EDT
Folks, we have a Maddux.
Aug 20, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Speed doesn’t slump. Not that explains Evan Gattis.
Aug 13, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma with the no-no.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Lind mashes righties. And hasn’t been too terribly against lefties either, for that matter.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:55 AM EDT
Not-an-All-Star Brian Dozier showed that, while his .500+ slugging percentage is apparently not worth a trip to Cincinnati, it’s worth something.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 28, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
The Mets continue to be Amazin’.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 23, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Are the Astros ready to contend?
Mar 10, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Astros are going whiff a whole bunch this year. Does it matter?
Mar 8, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
It’s spring, and the Astros scored two runs, but it’s still a no-hitter!
Feb 25, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Rasmus, that is.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
Jan 20, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The defending AL East-champion Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agent outfielders like Norichika Aoki and Colby Rasmus, but Aoki signed with the Giants on Monday and Rasmus agreed to a deal Tuesday with the Astros. So, what now?
Jan 20, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Monday the Astros traded center fielder Dexter Fowler to the Cubs.
Jan 17, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
The Braves, Cubs, Rangers, and Orioles are among the teams looking for an outfield bat at the moment.
Jan 5, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
The Orioles have free agent outfielder Colby Rasmus on their radar, but it seems that they might have some competition from another team in the American League East.
Jan 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
The Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agents Colby Rasmus, Norichika Aoki, and Ichiro Suzuki. But trading for a new outfielder is another route being explored by the Baltimore front office.
Jan 3, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
Showalter wants to know if Rasmus would be a good fit in Baltimore.
- Red Sox place Hanley Ramirez on disabled list with shoulder injury 0
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 150
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (150)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)