Apr 28, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
The Mets continue to be Amazin’.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 23, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Are the Astros ready to contend?
Mar 10, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Astros are going whiff a whole bunch this year. Does it matter?
Mar 8, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
It’s spring, and the Astros scored two runs, but it’s still a no-hitter!
Feb 25, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Rasmus, that is.
Jan 27, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles have completed a trade for Pirates outfielder Travis Snider. Pittsburgh’s return is a player to be named later and 21-year-old pitching prospect Stephen Tarpley.
Jan 20, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The defending AL East-champion Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agent outfielders like Norichika Aoki and Colby Rasmus, but Aoki signed with the Giants on Monday and Rasmus agreed to a deal Tuesday with the Astros. So, what now?
Jan 20, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Monday the Astros traded center fielder Dexter Fowler to the Cubs.
Jan 17, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
The Braves, Cubs, Rangers, and Orioles are among the teams looking for an outfield bat at the moment.
Jan 5, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
The Orioles have free agent outfielder Colby Rasmus on their radar, but it seems that they might have some competition from another team in the American League East.
Jan 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
The Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agents Colby Rasmus, Norichika Aoki, and Ichiro Suzuki. But trading for a new outfielder is another route being explored by the Baltimore front office.
Jan 3, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
Showalter wants to know if Rasmus would be a good fit in Baltimore.
Dec 31, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
The Orioles want to be sure the 28-year-old outfielder is going to be a good fit before they make him a formal offer. Encina says they’re considering signing Rasmus to a one-year contract in the $6-8 million range.
Dec 29, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Aoki has a .287 batting average and a .353 on-base percentage over three seasons in the majors and would be a candidate to take over the leadoff spot for Baltimore.
Dec 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Rasmus has been a center fielder for his entire career, but could replace Nick Markakis in right field.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 14, 2014, 5:04 PM EDT
From Shi Davidi of Toronto’s Sportsnet.ca …
Dec 8, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
And, if he’s smart, they’re on his.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
The Blue Jays appear to be planning for a future without Melky Cabrera.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
A revealing interview of a pretty complicated dude.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 109
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 153
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)