May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
May 2, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
The Astros are good again!
May 2, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz won’t stop hitting home runs.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Mar 23, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Are the Astros ready to contend?
Mar 17, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Jan 19, 2015, 11:47 PM EDT
After acquiring Evan Gattis from the Braves last week and swapping Dexter Fowler to the Cubs today for Luis Valbuena and Dan Straily, the Astros might have another move up their sleeve soon.
Jan 17, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
The Astros haven’t had a winning record since they went 86-75 in 2008.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EDT
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Jul 30, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
The 44-64 Astros could jump into this seller-friendly market before Thursday’s 4 p.m. ET trade deadline. Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Houston is “looking to move” first baseman and designated hitter Chris Carter.
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
Jan 4, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
Sometimes it’s easy to forget that baseball players are, you know, actual people with lives, families, and hopes and dreams like the rest of us. In his personal blog, Astros right-hander Collin McHugh provides an insightful glimpse at the experience from the perspective of a player fighting to prove himself at the major league level.…
May 31, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
The Mets aren’t promoting prospect Zack Wheeler for a spot start because the organization would feel pressure to extend his stint in the big leagues, says ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin: Essentially, team brass internally resolved, New York couldn’t handle a spot start from Wheeler and return to Triple-A. If the outing was too successful…
May 30, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Jon Niese will not make his scheduled Saturday start because of a shoulder injury, the Mets announced. Niese will be replaced by Collin McHugh, who’s struggled in brief stints with the Mets but has a solid track record in the minors. Niese’s last start was Monday and he tossed seven innings of one-run ball against…
Dec 20, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
The Mets jumped at the chance to trade R.A. Dickey to the Blue Jays earlier this week in exchange for catchers Travis d’Arnaud and John Buck, prospect right-hander Noah Syndergaard and prospect outfielder Wuilmer Becerra. While it’s a tall order, they now need to find a way to replace the 2012 NL Cy Young Award…
Sep 20, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
The Mets’ Jeremy Hefner was pulled from his start Thursday against the Phillies after failing to retire any of the seven batters he faced. Hefner gave up six singles in a row, including a bunt single to Juan Pierre, and then walked Kevin Frandsen with the bases loaded before being replaced by Collin McHugh. Since…
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)