Jan 27, 2015, 3:55 PM EST
Tulowitzki is owed $114 million for the next six seasons and Gonzalez is owed $53 million for the next three seasons.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:05 PM EST
Ottavino has quietly been very effective since joining the Rockies in 2012, posting a 3.60 ERA over 179 relief appearances while averaging 9.3 K/9 and 3.3 BB/9.
Jan 22, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Nick Hundley is in Colorado for a reason.
Jan 17, 2015, 5:20 PM EST
The Braves, Cubs, Rangers, and Orioles are among the teams looking for an outfield bat at the moment.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 15, 2015, 9:02 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki has been a popular topic of conversation with Mets fans for most of the offseason, but Rockies co-owner Charlie Monfort says a deal isn’t going to happen.
Jan 14, 2015, 9:09 PM EST
The Rockies and Tyler Chatwood agreed on a two-year, $2 million deal to avoid arbitration.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:01 PM EST
The Rockies avoided arbitration with pitcher Jordan Lyles, agreeing on a one-year deal worth $2.475 million.
Jan 14, 2015, 6:32 PM EST
The Rockies and Drew Stubbs agreed on a one-year deal worth $5.825 million, avoiding arbitration.
Jan 13, 2015, 7:32 PM EST
From Jon Heyman of CBS Sports comes word that the Marlins have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with relief pitcher Nick Masset.
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EST
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Dec 31, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
Colorado signed veteran catcher Nick Hundley to a two-year free agent contract on Wednesday and there’s been talk this winter of the club trying to move 25-year-old Wilin Rosario, who has been the Rockies’ starting backstop for the past three seasons.
Dec 31, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
It took 16 days to finalize, but now it’s final.
Dec 31, 2014, 11:37 AM EST
Hundley hit .243 with six homers and a .631 OPS in 83 games overall and has a .680 OPS for his career.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Brett Anderson signing should become official at some point next week, at long last.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 24, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Ben Badler of Baseball America reports that the Rockies have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with outfielder Roger Bernadina.
Dec 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“You see what’s going on, but …”
Dec 20, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Tulowitzki would immediately take the Mets from a “maybe” contender to a “legitimate” contender, but don’t get your hopes up.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:05 AM EST
But one insider says the package the Rockies are asking for Tulo is “bats**t”
Dec 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Get excited, I guess.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:23 PM EST
Anderson was once among the best young left-handers in baseball, but he hasn’t topped 100 innings in a season since 2010.
Dec 13, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Could 2015 be Ian Desmond’s final season with the Nationals?
Dec 13, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
All three players get invites to major league spring training.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 170
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (171)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)