Dec 24, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Ben Badler of Baseball America reports that the Rockies have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with outfielder Roger Bernadina.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Jul 9, 2014, 11:21 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez is 3-for-6 with a double, a homer, and three RBI through two games on his minor league rehab assignment with the Triple-A Colorado Springs Sky Sox and is on track to be activated from the disabled list this Friday according to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post.
Jul 2, 2014, 11:41 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez is on track in his recovery from surgery to remove a tumor from his left index finger and will take live batting practice for the first time Thursday.
Jun 22, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
The Rockies are playing an embarrassing brand of baseball lately.
Jun 19, 2014, 1:38 AM EST
Watch as Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw finishes off his first career no-hitter with a breaking pitch to the Rockies’ Corey Dickerson late Wednesday night in Los Angeles …
Jun 19, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
Kershaw proves perfect. Unfortunately, Hanley Ramirez wasn’t quite up to task.
Nick Massett suspended three games, David Carpenter fined as a result of that Braves-Rockies plunk war
Jun 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
If you throw at dudes on purpose, you’re gonna get in trouble for it.
Jun 13, 2014, 8:13 AM EST
“There are no accidents” — David Carpenter’s personal motto, apparently.
Jun 13, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
I took the kids to the Dodgers-Reds game and they saw Yasiel Puig flop about three feet from the second base bag on a caught stealing. Still: beats working.
Jun 10, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
Rockies left fielder Carlos Gonzalez underwent surgery Tuesday in Cleveland to remove a “foreign body” from his left index finger. It had been affecting his grip for over a month.
Jun 9, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez will undergo exploratory surgery on his left index finger.
Apr 7, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
The Rockies activated left-handed reliever Boone Logan from the disabled list Monday and sent down outfielder Corey Dickerson in a corresponding move.
Apr 4, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Charlie Blackmon tied a Rockies franchise record with six hits against the Diamondbacks on Friday.
Mar 29, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Rockies may have the most interesting and unintentionally hilarious roster going into Opening Day. They’ll carry 14 pitchers, including two that are injured (Jhoulys Chacin and Boone Logan, who don’t count against the 25-man limit), as well as two catchers, only five infielders, and six (six!) outfielders. The rotation will include Jorge De La…
Mar 25, 2014, 1:04 PM EST
All this time I thought they played baseball games and then I read this from Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post and find out that — Jiminy Christmas! — they’re wrestling in gutters! That’s how Kiszla puts it, anyway, after acknowledging that the Rockies have a hole in center field now that they traded away…
Mar 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Colorado Rockies. The Big Question: Can the Rockies get back over the .500 mark? Rookie manager Walt Weiss led…
Feb 22, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
There was some thought that Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez would move to center field for the 2014 season, but manager Walt Weiss put that idea to rest today. According to MLB.com’s Thomas Harding, CarGo will stay in left while center field is up for grabs between Drew Stubbs, Corey Dickerson, and Brandon Barnes. Gonzalez dealt…
Sep 25, 2013, 6:51 AM EST
Indians 5, White Sox 4: Unbelievable. Chris Perez blows a save in the top of the ninth and the ancient Jason Giambi picks him and the Indians up in the bottom, smacking a two-run walkoff homer. Still life in that old bat. Still life in the Indians, who remain in wild card position. Rangers 3,…
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 10
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 279
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (279)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)