May 28, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The elbow injury epidemic simply can’t be stopped. CSNWashington.com’s Mark Zuckerman reports that Marlins right-hander Henderson Alvarez was removed from his start Wednesday night against the Nationals after experiencing stiffness in his pitching elbow.
May 13, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The worst fears are realized.
Apr 8, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Another day, another Braves pitcher headed for Tommy John elbow surgery. This time it’s reliever Cory Gearrin, who has decided to go under the knife after getting three different opinions that confirmed his torn ulnar collateral ligament.
Apr 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Braves have been sending a lot of pitchers to the operating table. What’s one more?
Mar 29, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The Braves already lost starters Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy to Tommy John surgery this spring and it now looks like it will claim one of their relievers. Cory Gearrin left Tuesday’s Grapefruit League game with a right elbow injury and Braves general manager Frank Wren told David O’Brien of the Altanta Journal-Constitution this morning…
May 26, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
On ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, the Braves wasted a strong effort by starter Julio Teheran and a seventh-inning, go-ahead two-run home run by Dan Uggla to fall to the Mets 4-2. The Braves ended their eight-game winning streak and in so doing, also ended the Mets’ five-game losing streak. The two teams, still, are heading…
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)