May 28, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The elbow injury epidemic simply can’t be stopped. CSNWashington.com’s Mark Zuckerman reports that Marlins right-hander Henderson Alvarez was removed from his start Wednesday night against the Nationals after experiencing stiffness in his pitching elbow.
May 13, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The worst fears are realized.
Apr 8, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
Another day, another Braves pitcher headed for Tommy John elbow surgery. This time it’s reliever Cory Gearrin, who has decided to go under the knife after getting three different opinions that confirmed his torn ulnar collateral ligament.
Apr 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Braves have been sending a lot of pitchers to the operating table. What’s one more?
Mar 29, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The Braves already lost starters Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy to Tommy John surgery this spring and it now looks like it will claim one of their relievers. Cory Gearrin left Tuesday’s Grapefruit League game with a right elbow injury and Braves general manager Frank Wren told David O’Brien of the Altanta Journal-Constitution this morning…
May 26, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
On ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, the Braves wasted a strong effort by starter Julio Teheran and a seventh-inning, go-ahead two-run home run by Dan Uggla to fall to the Mets 4-2. The Braves ended their eight-game winning streak and in so doing, also ended the Mets’ five-game losing streak. The two teams, still, are heading…
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)