Nov 11, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
It looks like the Braves decided that Gearrin, who once made eight appearances in 10 days in 2013, was all used up.
May 28, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The elbow injury epidemic simply can’t be stopped. CSNWashington.com’s Mark Zuckerman reports that Marlins right-hander Henderson Alvarez was removed from his start Wednesday night against the Nationals after experiencing stiffness in his pitching elbow.
May 13, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
The worst fears are realized.
Apr 8, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
Another day, another Braves pitcher headed for Tommy John elbow surgery. This time it’s reliever Cory Gearrin, who has decided to go under the knife after getting three different opinions that confirmed his torn ulnar collateral ligament.
Apr 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Braves have been sending a lot of pitchers to the operating table. What’s one more?
Mar 29, 2014, 2:10 PM EST
The Braves already lost starters Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy to Tommy John surgery this spring and it now looks like it will claim one of their relievers. Cory Gearrin left Tuesday’s Grapefruit League game with a right elbow injury and Braves general manager Frank Wren told David O’Brien of the Altanta Journal-Constitution this morning…
May 26, 2013, 11:25 PM EST
On ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, the Braves wasted a strong effort by starter Julio Teheran and a seventh-inning, go-ahead two-run home run by Dan Uggla to fall to the Mets 4-2. The Braves ended their eight-game winning streak and in so doing, also ended the Mets’ five-game losing streak. The two teams, still, are heading…
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 85
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 28
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (100)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)