Mar 21, 2015, 3:14 PM EDT
Rasmus, 27, had a 2.57 ERA and 57/17 K/BB ratio across 56 innings last season.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Sep 28, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
More good news for the Angels: Matt Shoemaker felt great after throwing a bullpen on Sunday. He could return in time to start in the ALDS for the Angels.
Sep 28, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
The Mariners walked off in the 11th inning on Saturday, keeping their Wild Card hopes alive. They can force a tie-breaker with a win and an Athletics loss on Sunday.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Aug 31, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
This weekend has been a nightmare for the A’s. They headed into Anaheim on Thursday for the start of a four-game series with the goal of recapturing the lead in the American League West standings, but runs have been difficult to come by and now the Angels enter play Sunday looking for the sweep.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an AL West showdown.
Jul 5, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Rich Hill walked three batters and allowed a single to the only four batters he faced as a member of the Angels. He was designated for assignment on Saturday.
Nov 23, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
The setup market is all set up: Joe Smith and the Angels have come to terms on a three-year contract, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown reports that it’s worth $15.75 million. Obviously, it’s a big price for a pretty anonymous guy, but Smith has a 2.97 ERA since entering the…
Jul 31, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
Given how disappointing this afternoon’s trade deadline proved to be, it’s only fair that the annual winners and losers column is a little lopsided. Let’s get right to it: Winners Red Sox: I didn’t like the idea of Boston giving up top prospects for Jake Peavy because I just didn’t see him being a big…
Jul 31, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The non-waiver trade deadline hit at 4PM EDT today. It was pretty uneventful compared to years past, with lots of chatter but very few deals. Here’s what we had go down today before the non-waiver trade deadline: The Dodgers acquired Drew Butera from the Twins for a player to be named; The Orioles receive Bud…
Jul 29, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Atlanta has been linked to various left-handed relievers leading up to the trade deadline and the Braves finally got their man, acquiring Scott Downs from the Angels for minor leaguer Cory Rasmus. Downs has long been one of the best lefty relievers in baseball, posting a 2.27 ERA in 422 appearances since 2007, and the…
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 3
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)