Feb 28, 2015, 4:19 PM EST
After trading the likes of Justin Upton, Jason Heyward, and Evan Gattis as well as adding a handful of veteran free agents, the Braves have a ton of new faces in camp this spring.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Because he wasn’t dominant enough as it was.
Feb 12, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
A tough break for a promising young arm.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:02 PM EST
Veras is the fifth veteran reliever that new GM John Hart has added to the mix since the start of the offseason.
Feb 10, 2015, 4:46 PM EST
Capps was a closer for the Pirates, Nationals, and Twins, totaling 137 saves from 2007-2012.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 30, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Jonathan Papelbon has been among the best closers in the game but the Phillies are generating very little trade interest in the right-hander.
Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
Could that make this man their left fielder? And if so, are there enough antacids in the world for me to endure it?
Sep 28, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Phillies fans made fun of Craig Kimbrel on Saturday night, but the closer got the last laugh as he recorded saves in each of the Braves’ final two games of the season against the Phillies.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Aug 31, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Aroldis Chapman has had a great season, as usual, but he could do something no pitcher has done since the implementation of pitch-tracking technology in 2006.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
Andrelton Simmons kept the Braves’ late lead intact with this ridiculous play Wednesday night against the Mets …
Aug 18, 2014, 8:18 AM EST
Because that’s really what baseball is all about.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 18, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
Jonny Venters is making his way back from undergoing Tommy John elbow surgery in May of last year, but the Braves setup man had to shut his throwing program down last week due to soreness.
Jun 17, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
Toronto has called up utility man Munenori Kawasaki from the minors for some infield depth and in a surprising move they demoted right-hander Steve Delabar to Triple-A to make room for him on the roster.
Jun 7, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Craig Kimbrel converted the 155th save of his career last night, passing John Smoltz for the Braves record.
May 1, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
The Braves and third baseman Chris Johnson have reportedly agreed to a three-year extension with a club option for 2018.
Craig Kimbrel struggles in return from right shoulder issue, apologizes for reaction to being pulled
Apr 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Craig Kimbrel was called on Saturday for the first time since complaining of discomfort in his shoulder last Monday. The appearance did not go smoothly.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
Jeff Samardzija unselfishly wants to get paid. It’s not as crazy as it sounds.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:13 PM EST
Braves closer Craig Kimbrel was unavailable to pitch on Monday because of soreness in his right shoulder. But it’s apparently only a minor issue and he expects to be fine going forward.
Apr 14, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Craig Kimbrel didn’t pitch Monday due to a sore shoulder, but the Braves are hoping he’ll only have to miss a few days.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)