Aug 29, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
Kimbrel won’t be traded this season.
Aug 28, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
An unknown team claimed Padres closer Craig Kimbrel on revocable waivers.
Aug 17, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Gyorko has almost exclusively played second base and third base as a professional.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
Diamondbacks GM Dave Stewart laughed when he recalled the Padres asking for Paul Goldschmidt in return in a potential trade involving Craig Kimbrel.
Jul 31, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
The price is too high.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:49 AM EDT
Or, the very least, want the Padres to think they are so as to bring Craig Kimbrel’s price down.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
I feel like Ken Caminiti has to be involved.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:18 AM EDT
The Yankees bullpen is already a strength. Will it be stronger by 4pm today?
Jul 27, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
The Nationals were reportedly looking at a reunion with Tyler Clippard before the Athletics traded him to the Mets tonight, but there’s a chance they could do something a lot bigger to strengthen the back-end of their bullpen.
Jul 25, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
The Padres are likely to go into the trade deadline as sellers, especially if they can’t sweep their four-game series with the Marlins.
Jul 23, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
The Pirates acquired veteran third baseman Aramis Ramirez from the Brewers this afternoon, but FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that they aren’t done making moves.
Jul 16, 2015, 3:13 PM EDT
Not the kind of straight-forward talk you usually get from executives these days.
Jul 8, 2015, 10:32 AM EDT
This past winter in San Diego may end up having been a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
The Braves are trying to shop an expensive, ineffective Chris Johnson.
Jun 19, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Acquired from the Padres in the Craig Kimbrel trade.
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 15, 2015, 3:23 PM EDT
Black is out after nine seasons at the helm in San Diego.
Jun 7, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Melvin Upton, Jr. will make his long-awaited Padres debut on Monday against his former team.
May 15, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Upton has been on the disabled list all season with a foot injury.
May 1, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Always productive, always hurt.
Apr 22, 2015, 8:33 PM EDT
He’ll head to Triple-A Tacoma initially, but Dutton thinks Quentin could be a “quick promotion candidate.”
Apr 18, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Kris Bryant, one of baseball’s top prospects, earned his first major league hit and RBI on Saturday afternoon against the Padres.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
There’s a right way and a wrong way to throw your gum away.
Apr 8, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
He featured a 97 m.p.h. fastball and a curveball that clocked 86 and dropped off the friggin’ table.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)