Aug 30, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Curtis Granderson was prompted to say something controversial, so he did.
Aug 19, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Aug 14, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
With Kyle Schwarber the Cubs putting the other wild card contenders behind them, we may get some Thunderdome races in the NL East and West: Two teams enter, one team leaves.
Aug 10, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Part-time role for Cuddyer?
Aug 4, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
After arriving in 2002, Dombrowski rebuilt an organization that was an utter dumpster fire.
Aug 3, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
It’s August 3 and the Mets are all alone in first place in the National League East.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
As the Mets try to pick up the pieces after their deal for Carlos Gomez fell apart, they reportedly have an interesting proposal to consider from the Reds.
Jul 23, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
Kershaw was perfect until Curtis Granderson led off the bottom of the seventh inning with a single.
Jun 28, 2015, 7:34 PM EDT
Steven Matz did it all in his major league debut on Sunday against the Reds.
Jun 9, 2015, 9:44 PM EDT
We’ve got a no-hitter alert from Citi Field in Queens.
May 24, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Pirates starters Gerrit Cole, A.J. Burnett, and Francisco Liriano combined for 32 strikeouts in a three-game sweep of the Mets over the weekend.
May 16, 2015, 8:57 PM EDT
That’s a lot of runs!
Apr 24, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
The Mets have lost for the first time since April 11.
Apr 13, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
The Superman is real. And he plays for the Philadelphia Phillies.
Apr 2, 2015, 3:48 PM EDT
Granderson has had a huge spring training, hitting .435 with three homers .
Feb 2, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
The Mets have had a quiet winter, but GM Sandy Alderson thinks they have the potential to improve by 10 wins from 2014.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
For the majority of Long’s tenure the Yankees had one of the elite offenses in baseball and overall from 2007-2014 they scored MLB’s second-most runs, but the lineup fell apart during the past two seasons due to aging and injuries.
Oct 13, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
The latest round of changes to Citi Field will be specific to the right field and right-center field fences.
Oct 11, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Kevin Long was fired as hitting coach of the Yankees yesterday after eight seasons, but he might not have to look very far for his next opportunity.
Players are concerned their routines will be messed up as a result of pace of play changes. Well, tough.
Oct 10, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
I’m sorry you guys feel like you’re being blamed for the slow place of play. But given that the slow pace of play is your fault, I’m having trouble having sympathy.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
He’s the first player with zero runs and zero RBI in a game with five or more hits since Adam Kennedy in August of 2009.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 21
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)