Jun 27, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT
Giants right-hander Tim Lincecum left Saturday’s start against the Rockies after he was hit in the throwing arm by a comebacker off the bat of D.J. LeMahieu with two outs in the second inning.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
May 16, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
Jansen tied a major league record in his season debut.
May 16, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a milestone for Clayton Kershaw.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Jul 2, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
D.J. LeMahieu and Troy Tulowitzki teamed up for one of the most aesthetically-pleasing double plays you’ll ever see in the first inning Wednesday evening at Nationals Park …
May 18, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Rockies needed a little help from the second base umpire, but they turned a triple play in the third inning on Sunday against the Padres.
Mar 29, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Rockies may have the most interesting and unintentionally hilarious roster going into Opening Day. They’ll carry 14 pitchers, including two that are injured (Jhoulys Chacin and Boone Logan, who don’t count against the 25-man limit), as well as two catchers, only five infielders, and six (six!) outfielders. The rotation will include Jorge De La…
Aug 13, 2013, 6:42 AM EDT
Twins 3, Indians 0: In only his second major league start Andrew Albers spins a two-hit shutout on a mere 102 pitches. This goes with his eight shutout innings in his first start. As a person who has been writing about baseball professionally for nearly four years, I can tell you with absolute certainty and…
Aug 9, 2013, 6:36 PM EDT
A scoring change from the July 26 Marlins-Rockies game came down on Friday, costing Christian Yelich his third hit from his major league debut. Yelich’s third single of the game was a hard grounder at a drawn-in D.J. LeMahieu playing second base. The ball handcuffed LaMehieu and bounced over his shoulder, though LeMahieu was able…
May 22, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
Josh Rutledge showed signs of promise in 2012 when he hit eight home runs, stole seven bases and registered a .775 OPS in 73 games as a 23-year-old. But the middle infielder has failed to meet the hype so far in 2013 and was officially optioned Wednesday evening to Triple-A Colorado Springs according to beat…
Aug 28, 2012, 12:25 AM EDT
Josh Beckett was rudely welcomed back to the National League on Monday, getting lit up by very first batter he faced, Tyler Colvin, on his way to taking a loss to the Rockies. Colvin launched an 0-1 fastball off the facing of the upper deck (here’s the video) to get the Rockies off on the right…
Jul 2, 2012, 8:33 PM EDT
Ian Stewart‘s tenure with the Cubs could be brief. According to Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times, Stewart will undergo exploratory arthroscopic surgery on his left wrist next week in Cleveland and is expected to miss the rest of the season. Stewart has been sidelined since June 12, but his wrist has been an issue…
Jan 20, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
The Rockies’ efforts to acquire Marco Scutaro from the Red Sox fizzled rather quickly, but they aren’t ready to throw in the towel on their search for another option at second base. Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies “remain strongly interested” in Mets’ infielder Justin Turner. This isn’t the first time…
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)