Jan 21, 2015, 9:12 AM EST
They could have their ace for more than half the season if things go right.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Jan 12, 2015, 11:03 PM EST
The Mets have been shopping Dillon Gee for most of the winter and it appears that they could finally find a match soon.
Jan 12, 2015, 9:31 AM EST
This does not seem like a great idea.
Jan 11, 2015, 10:36 PM EST
Dan Haren has changed his mind and will report to spring training with the Marlins.
Jan 10, 2015, 7:32 PM EST
The Marlins would be thrilled if Dan Haren showed up to spring training. Haren has said he intends to pitch only on the West coast, near his home.
Jan 9, 2015, 9:28 AM EST
Dan Haren’s 2015: Miami? Los Angeles? An insane asylum?
Jan 4, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
The Marlins are showing interest in James Shields, though they still hope Dan Haren shows up to spring training.
Jan 3, 2015, 11:00 AM EST
Dan Haren was dealt from the Dodgers to the Marlins in a seven-player trade last month despite his previous comments that he would rather retire than pitch for a team away from his family in Southern California.
Dec 22, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
Dan Haren was traded from the Dodgers to the Marlins in the Dee Gordon deal during this month’s Winter Meetings despite his previous comments that he would rather retire than pitch for a team away from his family in Southern California.
Dec 17, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Marlins, Braves, and Giants have all expressed interest in free agent starter Jake Peavy …
Dec 15, 2014, 5:23 PM EST
Anderson was once among the best young left-handers in baseball, but he hasn’t topped 100 innings in a season since 2010.
Dec 15, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Haren is under contract for $10 million in 2015, which the Dodgers essentially paid the Marlins to take whether he retires or not.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
Dan Haren told Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles in November that he had “no interest in playing in a city away from my family” and would rather retire than pitch for a team other than the Dodgers or Angels.
Dec 10, 2014, 10:32 PM EST
Selling high on Dee?
Dec 10, 2014, 7:03 PM EST
The Dodgers just traded starting pitcher Dan Haren to the Marlins in a multi-player swap and are now ready to spend some money to fill the vacancy.
Nov 19, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Haren exercised his $10 million option for next season to return to the Dodgers.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
Haren’s option vested when he reached the 180-inning mark in September, but he had the ability to decline it and test free agency. However, he has decided to stick around.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
Dan Haren underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday on his left (non-throwing) shoulder. He’s expected to be ready for spring training.
Oct 6, 2014, 6:48 PM EST
Zack Greinke will get the start in Game 5.
Oct 2, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Hyun-Jin Ryu hasn’t pitched in a game since September 12 due to shoulder inflammation.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
The Dodgers’ workout Wednesday afternoon in Los Angeles was closed off to the media, so we’ll have to trust the club’s own reporting on injured left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu …
Sep 30, 2014, 10:53 PM EST
Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu will test his injured shoulder in a simulated game Wednesday. He’s hoping to start Game 3 of the NLDS in St. Louis.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EST
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (270)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)