Aug 22, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Nick Swisher homered from both sides of the plate but the Braves still lost to the Cubs on Saturday.
Aug 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Marlins ace Jose Fernandez will have his right shoulder examined by a doctor. He left his team, currently in Atlanta.
Aug 6, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Luis Severino made his big legaue debut and pitched well but lost. Matt Boyd made his Tigers debut, pitched well and won. There were a bunch of walkoffs too. And what do Ryan Adams and Taylor Swift have to do with any of this?
Aug 3, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Clayton Richard tossed six innings of one-run ball in a win over the Padres on Sunday, but he was designated for assignment by the Cubs today for the second time in the past two weeks.
Aug 2, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Dan Haren sounds pretty set on retiring after the season, but left open the possibility he’d pitch beyond 2015.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:37 PM EDT
Yes, I realize it’s silly to do this an hour after the trade deadline, as time is required to see how this stuff truly shakes out. But what is the Internet for if not kneejerk reactions?
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 31, 2015, 2:08 PM EDT
Jed Hoyer has worked for all three of these teams. He may be in the middle of a big trade involving them all.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
The Cubs get a starter.
Jul 22, 2015, 9:14 PM EDT
Mat Latos and Dan Haren are drawing most of the discussion on the Marlins’ trade block, but Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald notes that right-handed reliever Steve Cishek could also be on the move ahead of the July 31 deadline.
Jul 13, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
Another day, another walkoff win for the surging Pirates.
Jul 10, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The floundering Marlins are heading into sell mode as the trade deadline approaches, so that means Mat Latos and Dan Haren are available.
Jun 29, 2015, 8:09 PM EDT
It was reported over the weekend that the Dodgers and Cubs were among the teams with interest in a trade for Mets left-hander Jon Niese.
Jun 19, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
You think a guy is your friend, man . . .
Jun 9, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT
The cortisone injection apparently did the trick.
May 23, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
The Marlins were considering upgrading their bullpen with Jonathan Papelbon.
May 18, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
The first night of the Dan Jennings experiment ended in a loss.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
The Marlins are off to a disappointing 3-8 start this season and slugger Giancarlo Stanton doesn’t like what he has seen.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 15, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
Not bad for a guy the Dodgers basically paid the Marlins to take off their hands.
Mar 19, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Do the Marlins have what it takes to contend for the NL Wild Card in 2015?
Mar 17, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a host of changes with their front office and their roster, but will it get them over the hump in October?
Jan 21, 2015, 9:12 AM EDT
They could have their ace for more than half the season if things go right.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EDT
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Jan 12, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
The Mets have been shopping Dillon Gee for most of the winter and it appears that they could finally find a match soon.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)