Aug 29, 2014, 6:58 AM EDT
Yet another protested game in a week full of protests. This one isn’t going anywhere, though.
Aug 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Crow was an All-Star in 2011 and has a 3.35 ERA in 226 career innings through age 26, including a 3.86 ERA in 59 appearances this season.
Aug 25, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Depth has been a major key to the A’s success this year, and it’s going to play a huge factor over the final five weeks of the regular season.
Aug 24, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Sean Doolittle has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained intercostal muscle.
Aug 22, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Sometimes the life of a player with a minor-league option remaining just isn’t fair.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 19, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
For more than 100 years, people have used won-loss records to determine the best pitchers. That’s not great policy but hey, if we’re going to do it, how about we come up with a won-loss record for the 21st century? Enter: The Tango.
May 17, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
Umpire Jerry Layne let his pride get in the way of an otherwise good ballgame.
Apr 10, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Friends don’t let friends cite wins, losses, holds and saves when talking about how pitchers did the night before.
Apr 10, 2014, 7:06 AM EDT
I saw Captain America last night. It was way better than the first few innings of the Tigers-Dodgers game.
Oct 10, 2013, 11:37 PM EDT
The A’s made the most impetuous decision of the postseason in starting Sonny Gray over Bartolo Colon in Wednesday’s Game 5, choosing a rookie over the guy who finished second in the AL in ERA based on one excellent performance. And how’d the follow that up? By treating Game 5 against a completely dominant Justin…
Oct 10, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Bad news for the Athletics: Justin Verlander has another run to work with. Sonny Gray was pulled from the game after he gave up back-to-back singles to Victor Martinez and Jhonny Peralta to begin the top of the sixth inning. He was relieved by Dan Otero, who got Victor Martinez to ground into a fielder’s…
Oct 3, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
You can’t predict baseball, but you can at least lay out the parameters. So let’s take a look at what the Tigers and Athletics have in store for us in the American League Division Series. The Teams Detroit Tigers (93-69) vs. Oakland Athletics (96-66) The Matchups Game 1 Friday in Oakland: Max Scherzer vs. Bartolo…
Sep 21, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
D.J. Short posted earlier about the O.co Coliseum’s latest sewage issue as a result of rain in the Oakland area. The showers caused a two-hour delay while players, coaches, and clubhouse personnel dealt with the primitive conditions indoors. Once play resumed, the A’s wasted no time getting on the board. Alberto Callaspo contributed an RBI…
Apr 25, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Last night Joey Votto was plunked by Dan Otero in the seventh inning of the Giants-Reds game. If Otero was actually trying to hit Votto it was pretty remarkable, because that would have been the only spot he hit in what was an otherwise hellish night for the Giants’ reliever. Way more likely: ball actually…
Apr 25, 2012, 6:03 AM EDT
Rangers 2, Yankees 0: Yu Darvish finally arrives. Eight and a third innings, ten strikeouts and a big goose egg in the runs column against the best offense in baseball. Rays 5, Angels 0: David Price: five-hit shutout. Albert Pujols: 0 for 4. He has the lowest slugging percentage of anyone in last night’s Angels…
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)