Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
The Nats’ infield depth is being tested in the early part of the season.
Apr 16, 2015, 8:34 PM EDT
It took until his 10th game, but Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton finally collected his first home run of the season with an opposite-field two-run blast against Mets right-hander Dillon Gee this evening.
Apr 8, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
Well, they decided to cut ties with him, so it’s hard to argue.
Apr 6, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Uggla hit .149 in 52 games last season and .179 in 136 games two years ago.
Apr 4, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
Werth continues to make solid progress from January surgery to repair the AC joint in his right shoulder.
Mar 29, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Dan Uggla, who is having a strong spring training showing, says he wouldn’t be comfortable sitting on the Nationals’ bench.
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Mar 20, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
He earned it for time served with the Giants between July 21 and August 7 last year, during which he played four games and went 0 for 11 with six strikeouts while making three errors.
Mar 6, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Reconnecting with old friends is always nice.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
The Nationals are currently looking at some combination of Danny Espinosa and Dan Uggla for second base, so there was a clear need even before today, but a deal makes even more sense now that Jayson Werth needs shoulder surgery and will be sidelined for 2-3 months.
Jan 4, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe provides some more information detailing how concussions affected Dan Uggla over the last two years.
Dec 28, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
There was some talk of this at the Winter Meetings and now Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe says doctors have confirmed it: Dan Uggla played through an undiagnosed concussion during the 2014 season.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Uggla hit .179 in 2013 and .149 this year.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The Braves will likely try him at second base, though he can play basically anywhere.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
To be fair, there are other reasons why you might call about Dan Uggla besides wanting him to play baseball for you.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 AM EDT
As he has done for a decade, really.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
B.J. Upton claimed an ignominious Braves record with a second-inning strikeout on Friday night.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
The Braves cratered this year. Someone had to take the fall.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
It looks like Frank Wren is gonna take the fall for the Braves’ collapse.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
The Braves have wilted down the stretch and it appears that some changes could be in store for their front office following the season.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
He’s the first player with zero runs and zero RBI in a game with five or more hits since Adam Kennedy in August of 2009.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)