Aug 14, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Dan Uggla was a major contributor to the Giants’ championship last year.
Aug 8, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg rejoins the Nationals’ rotation after healing from an oblique injury.
Aug 1, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper was ejected from Friday’s game against the Mets in the top of the 11th inning after arguing balls and strikes with home plate umpire Jerry Meals.
May 29, 2015, 2:08 PM EDT
Hint: he was doing it with the Braves too.
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
The Nats’ infield depth is being tested in the early part of the season.
Apr 16, 2015, 8:34 PM EDT
It took until his 10th game, but Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton finally collected his first home run of the season with an opposite-field two-run blast against Mets right-hander Dillon Gee this evening.
Apr 8, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
Well, they decided to cut ties with him, so it’s hard to argue.
Apr 6, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Uggla hit .149 in 52 games last season and .179 in 136 games two years ago.
Apr 4, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
Werth continues to make solid progress from January surgery to repair the AC joint in his right shoulder.
Mar 29, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Dan Uggla, who is having a strong spring training showing, says he wouldn’t be comfortable sitting on the Nationals’ bench.
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Mar 20, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
He earned it for time served with the Giants between July 21 and August 7 last year, during which he played four games and went 0 for 11 with six strikeouts while making three errors.
Mar 6, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Reconnecting with old friends is always nice.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
The Nationals are currently looking at some combination of Danny Espinosa and Dan Uggla for second base, so there was a clear need even before today, but a deal makes even more sense now that Jayson Werth needs shoulder surgery and will be sidelined for 2-3 months.
Jan 4, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe provides some more information detailing how concussions affected Dan Uggla over the last two years.
Dec 28, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
There was some talk of this at the Winter Meetings and now Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe says doctors have confirmed it: Dan Uggla played through an undiagnosed concussion during the 2014 season.
Dec 26, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Uggla hit .179 in 2013 and .149 this year.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The Braves will likely try him at second base, though he can play basically anywhere.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
To be fair, there are other reasons why you might call about Dan Uggla besides wanting him to play baseball for you.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 AM EDT
As he has done for a decade, really.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
B.J. Upton claimed an ignominious Braves record with a second-inning strikeout on Friday night.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)