Aug 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
What was your favorite moment of the Dan Uggla Era in San Francisco?
Aug 1, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Despite initial reports to the contrary the Giants have not yet released second baseman Dan Uggla after the Braves castoff went 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and three errors in his first four games for San Francisco.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Dan Uggla’s stay with the Giants lasted nine days. MLB.com’s Chris Haft reports that San Francisco has released the veteran second baseman, who went 0-for-11 with a walk and six strikeouts in four games after being called up from Triple-A Fresno on July 25.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EDT
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Dan Uggla is back in the big leagues! What could go wrong?
Jul 24, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Who is buying? Who is selling? Who is on the block? And is next week’s trade deadline really a deadline?
Jul 21, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
The Giants make a low-risk bet on a possibly still high upside veteran.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EDT
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 18, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
The Braves finally own up to a multi-million dollar mistake and release Dan Uggla.
Jul 13, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez refused to get into specific in his chat with the media before Sunday afternoon’s series finale at Wrigley Field, but second baseman Dan Uggla has officially been suspended one game without pay and David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution hears that it was for tardiness.
Jun 16, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He’s a catcher. And Evan Gattis’ bat is essential. So that would make Gattis an outfielder. At least in name.
Jun 16, 2014, 9:18 AM EDT
Not that that’s too tough a trick.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
May 28, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Uggla kills the Braves. But that’s not the kind of killing we’re talking about here.
May 28, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
In the strongest sign yet that the Braves might finally be ready to bench Dan Uggla or perhaps even cut bait on the struggling second baseman, Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that they’re calling up Triple-A second baseman Tommy La Stella.
May 13, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
A bridge is about to go one-half of an Uggla over budget, and that could really mess up the parking situation.
May 10, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
Dan Uggla was not in Friday’s lineup and is slashing an ugly .184/.241/.272 on the season. Manager Fredi Gonzalez plans to discuss Uggla’s role on the team soon.
May 9, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
And, if these plans or something like them come to fruition, it’ll represent a better use of the land than that to which the Braves are currently putting it.
May 8, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
With Dan Uggla struggling, the Braves are expected to look to Ramiro Pena, Tyler Pastornicky, and possibly Tommy La Stella at second base.
May 5, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
At what point will the Braves decide enough is enough with Dan Uggla?
Apr 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Denard Span had no issues during a brief minor league rehab assignment.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
One of the most unlikely pitchers to throw a no-hitter is working on a no-hitter.
Apr 15, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
The rest of the day’s posts will be from Gleeman, as I will be sitting by the fire, sharing glasses of wine and cutesy talk with this video all day long.
Apr 14, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
Craig Kimbrel didn’t pitch Monday due to a sore shoulder, but the Braves are hoping he’ll only have to miss a few days.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)