Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Braves will likely try him at second base, though he can play basically anywhere.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
To be fair, there are other reasons why you might call about Dan Uggla besides wanting him to play baseball for you.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 AM EST
As he has done for a decade, really.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:16 PM EST
B.J. Upton claimed an ignominious Braves record with a second-inning strikeout on Friday night.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:56 AM EST
The Braves cratered this year. Someone had to take the fall.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:31 AM EST
It looks like Frank Wren is gonna take the fall for the Braves’ collapse.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:26 PM EST
The Braves have wilted down the stretch and it appears that some changes could be in store for their front office following the season.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
He’s the first player with zero runs and zero RBI in a game with five or more hits since Adam Kennedy in August of 2009.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
What was your favorite moment of the Dan Uggla Era in San Francisco?
Aug 1, 2014, 11:49 AM EST
Despite initial reports to the contrary the Giants have not yet released second baseman Dan Uggla after the Braves castoff went 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and three errors in his first four games for San Francisco.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Dan Uggla’s stay with the Giants lasted nine days. MLB.com’s Chris Haft reports that San Francisco has released the veteran second baseman, who went 0-for-11 with a walk and six strikeouts in four games after being called up from Triple-A Fresno on July 25.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
Dan Uggla is back in the big leagues! What could go wrong?
Jul 24, 2014, 12:09 PM EST
Who is buying? Who is selling? Who is on the block? And is next week’s trade deadline really a deadline?
Jul 21, 2014, 1:48 PM EST
The Giants make a low-risk bet on a possibly still high upside veteran.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EST
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 18, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
The Braves finally own up to a multi-million dollar mistake and release Dan Uggla.
Jul 13, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez refused to get into specific in his chat with the media before Sunday afternoon’s series finale at Wrigley Field, but second baseman Dan Uggla has officially been suspended one game without pay and David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution hears that it was for tardiness.
Jun 16, 2014, 10:32 AM EST
He’s a catcher. And Evan Gattis’ bat is essential. So that would make Gattis an outfielder. At least in name.
Jun 16, 2014, 9:18 AM EST
Not that that’s too tough a trick.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
May 28, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Uggla kills the Braves. But that’s not the kind of killing we’re talking about here.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)