Apr 2, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Castillo and his $72.5 million deal will heads to the minors for now.
Mar 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Worst to first . . . to worst and back to first?
Jan 29, 2015, 5:42 PM EDT
Nava requested $2.25 million and the Red Sox countered at $1.3 million.
Jan 22, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Victorino was limited to just 30 games last season, so he’s trying to make sure that he’s not a forgotten man going into 2015. Like, really trying…
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 13, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
This pic was taken with Nava facing a righty. Expect to see this stroke from Nava against lefties next season too.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
And he’d like you to tell him who’s a better option.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Oct 19, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
Boston has an outfield logjam that needs to be addressed this winter.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Royals manager Ned Yost wanted a strikeout, so he brought in Aaron Crow, who has the bullpen’s lowest strikeout rate.
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Red Sox paid a lot of money to get this guy. Expect him in the Sox’ outfield early next season.
Aug 11, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
Nava is batting just .248/.327/.310 with two home runs and 15 RBI over 71 games this season, but he hit .303 with 12 home runs and an .830 OPS in 2013.
Aug 5, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Craig logged just four plate appearances for the Red Sox after being acquired from the Cardinals in the deal for John Lackey.
Aug 5, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Victorino is under contract for $13 million next season.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
Apr 24, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Shane Victorino has been sidelined since spring training with a hamstring strain, but he’ll make his season debut tonight against the Yankees.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Daniel Nava is headed to the minors one season after hitting .303.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:21 AM EDT
Notes from a wild game in Chicago.
Mar 31, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Jackie Bradley Jr. is on the Red Sox’s Opening Day roster after all, but it took an injury for Shane Victorino to make it happen. Bradley lost the center field job to Grady Sizemore and was sent to Triple-A after hitting just .158 during spring training, but he’s been recalled from the minors because Victorino…
Mar 26, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Boston Red Sox. The Big Question: Have the Red Sox taken the steps necessary to avoid a post-championship decline? No…
Mar 8, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Shane Victorino gave up switch-hitting down the stretch last season and Red Sox manager John Farrell told Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe today that the veteran outfielder is considering hitting exclusively from the right side of the plate this season. Nothing is official yet, but this would be a positive development for the Red…
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)