Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 17, 2014, 7:02 PM EST
From CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman comes word that the Royals have agreed to terms on a two-year, $20 million free agent contract with Edinson Volquez.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM EST
A look at the tough calls the Royals will have to make following their World Series run.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:35 AM EST
“Obviously, he definitely would have been one of our starters.”
Oct 26, 2014, 12:09 AM EST
The Giants scored 10 unanswered runs against the Royals en route to an 11-4 win in Game 4 of the World Series. The series is now tied at 2-2 going into Sunday’s Game 5.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:39 PM EST
The Giants rallied against Jason Vargas and the Royals’ bullpen to tie Game 4 of the World Series at 4-4.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:53 AM EST
Not living up to a nickname: forgivable. Not giving your team a chance to win in the World Series: a way bigger problem.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
Royals manager Ned Yost has gone to the bullpen early in Game 1 of the World Series, lifting starter James Shields after he allowed an RBI single to Giants designated hitter Michael Morse in the top of the fourth inning.
Oct 11, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
It will be Guthrie’s first career postseason appearance.
Oct 10, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
Is there such a thing as rain insurance? If so, Kevin Gausman is it.
Oct 7, 2014, 8:27 PM EST
Ventura had an ugly relief appearance in the Wild Card Game, but the 23-year-old rookie bounced back with seven innings of one-run ball against the Angels in Game 2 of the ALDS.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
Some thoughts on the Royals’ plans as they get ready to battle the Orioles.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:26 AM EST
Including their win over the A’s in the Wild Card Game, the Royals are just the third team to begin the playoffs with two extra-inning wins.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:19 PM EST
The Angels have announced their rotation for the ALDS against the Royals.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:02 AM EST
Yost’s controversial call fails to doom Royals after all.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:54 AM EST
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 28, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
It was the second-to-last day of the regular season, and you probably already saw what happened in the games that mattered. But in case you didn’t …
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
Danny Duffy tossed six scoreless innings in his return from left rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 15, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Duffy hasn’t pitched since September 6 due to rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 13, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Danny Duffy will test out his left shoulder with a light bullpen session on Sunday. If all goes well, he hopes to rejoin the Royals’ rotation on Tuesday.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
In his first full season back from Tommy John elbow surgery Duffy has a 2.42 ERA in 141 innings while holding opponents to a .201 batting average.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 22
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 23
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (82)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)