May 19, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
But where will the infielder play?
Apr 18, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
The Nats’ infield depth is being tested in the early part of the season.
Apr 1, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Rendon injured the knee on March 9.
Mar 30, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
Rendon suffered what was termed as a minor MCL sprain in his left knee on March 9 and continues to feel discomfort.
Mar 29, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Dan Uggla, who is having a strong spring training showing, says he wouldn’t be comfortable sitting on the Nationals’ bench.
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Mar 1, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Bryce Harper wants to do more to help out on offense for the Nationals.
Feb 19, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
Not all mustaches are great. To the extent you believe that, you’ve been lied to by Big Mustache.
Feb 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Danny Espinosa will bat right-handed exclusively in 2015.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:59 PM EDT
The Nationals don’t appear eager to move shortstop Ian Desmond at the moment.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EDT
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
The Nationals are currently looking at some combination of Danny Espinosa and Dan Uggla for second base, so there was a clear need even before today, but a deal makes even more sense now that Jayson Werth needs shoulder surgery and will be sidelined for 2-3 months.
Jan 4, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe provides some more information detailing how concussions affected Dan Uggla over the last two years.
Nov 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Danny Espinosa has been a mess for the past two seasons.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
Nationals second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera and manager Matt Williams were both ejected in the bottom of the 10th inning for arguing balls and strikes.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The Nationals starters are getting a breather today.
Sep 8, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!
Jul 23, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
As expected Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman has been placed on the disabled list after injuring his hamstring during last night’s game.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Bryce Harper’s return to the Nationals outfield meant Ryan Zimmerman had to shift from left field back to third base, where he was once a standout defender and is now a huge question mark because of chronic shoulder problems.
Jul 2, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Matt Williams met with Bryce Harper yesterday and then made a concerted effort to diffuse any notion of perceived animosity between the Nationals manager and his 21-year-old star.
Jun 30, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Bryce Harper believes the Nationals would be better off with a different lineup than the one Matt Williams put together for his return on Monday.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Sadly it’s just a metaphorical one.
Jun 12, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman has been playing left field for the Nationals since coming off the disabled list last week, but manager Matt Williams made it clear that he’ll return to third base once Bryce Harper is ready to come off the disabled list himself.
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 1
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 74
- Who really owns a home run ball? 63
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)