Mar 1, 2015, 8:15 PM EST
Bryce Harper wants to do more to help out on offense for the Nationals.
Feb 19, 2015, 3:46 PM EST
Not all mustaches are great. To the extent you believe that, you’ve been lied to by Big Mustache.
Feb 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Danny Espinosa will bat right-handed exclusively in 2015.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:59 PM EST
The Nationals don’t appear eager to move shortstop Ian Desmond at the moment.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
The Nationals are currently looking at some combination of Danny Espinosa and Dan Uggla for second base, so there was a clear need even before today, but a deal makes even more sense now that Jayson Werth needs shoulder surgery and will be sidelined for 2-3 months.
Jan 4, 2015, 10:48 PM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe provides some more information detailing how concussions affected Dan Uggla over the last two years.
Nov 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Danny Espinosa has been a mess for the past two seasons.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 9:07 PM EST
Nationals second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera and manager Matt Williams were both ejected in the bottom of the 10th inning for arguing balls and strikes.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
The Nationals starters are getting a breather today.
Sep 8, 2014, 9:19 AM EST
Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!
Jul 23, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
As expected Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman has been placed on the disabled list after injuring his hamstring during last night’s game.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Bryce Harper’s return to the Nationals outfield meant Ryan Zimmerman had to shift from left field back to third base, where he was once a standout defender and is now a huge question mark because of chronic shoulder problems.
Jul 2, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Matt Williams met with Bryce Harper yesterday and then made a concerted effort to diffuse any notion of perceived animosity between the Nationals manager and his 21-year-old star.
Jun 30, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Bryce Harper believes the Nationals would be better off with a different lineup than the one Matt Williams put together for his return on Monday.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Sadly it’s just a metaphorical one.
Jun 12, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Ryan Zimmerman has been playing left field for the Nationals since coming off the disabled list last week, but manager Matt Williams made it clear that he’ll return to third base once Bryce Harper is ready to come off the disabled list himself.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EST
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
Apr 14, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
Exactly one year ago Danny Espinosa and Stephen Strasburg claimed the 2013 Nats were better than the Braves. They weren’t. Now Nats’ GM Mike Rizzo has gone and done it again.
Apr 12, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
The injury-ravaged Nationals will be without their third baseman for at least a month.
Apr 12, 2014, 9:19 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman, already dealing with a bum shoulder, suffered a hand injury during Saturday night’s game against the Braves.
Apr 6, 2014, 10:21 AM EST
Bryce Harper went 0-for-4 in Saturday night’s 6-2 loss to the Braves and acknowledged to CSN Washington’s Mark Zuckerman after the game that he’s feeling “pretty lost right now, actually.” He will sit out Sunday.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)