Apr 1, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Rendon injured the knee on March 9.
Mar 30, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
Rendon suffered what was termed as a minor MCL sprain in his left knee on March 9 and continues to feel discomfort.
Mar 29, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Dan Uggla, who is having a strong spring training showing, says he wouldn’t be comfortable sitting on the Nationals’ bench.
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Mar 1, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Bryce Harper wants to do more to help out on offense for the Nationals.
Feb 19, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
Not all mustaches are great. To the extent you believe that, you’ve been lied to by Big Mustache.
Feb 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Danny Espinosa will bat right-handed exclusively in 2015.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:59 PM EDT
The Nationals don’t appear eager to move shortstop Ian Desmond at the moment.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EDT
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
The Nationals are currently looking at some combination of Danny Espinosa and Dan Uggla for second base, so there was a clear need even before today, but a deal makes even more sense now that Jayson Werth needs shoulder surgery and will be sidelined for 2-3 months.
Jan 4, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe provides some more information detailing how concussions affected Dan Uggla over the last two years.
Nov 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Danny Espinosa has been a mess for the past two seasons.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
Nationals second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera and manager Matt Williams were both ejected in the bottom of the 10th inning for arguing balls and strikes.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The Nationals starters are getting a breather today.
Sep 8, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!
Jul 23, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
As expected Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman has been placed on the disabled list after injuring his hamstring during last night’s game.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Bryce Harper’s return to the Nationals outfield meant Ryan Zimmerman had to shift from left field back to third base, where he was once a standout defender and is now a huge question mark because of chronic shoulder problems.
Jul 2, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Matt Williams met with Bryce Harper yesterday and then made a concerted effort to diffuse any notion of perceived animosity between the Nationals manager and his 21-year-old star.
Jun 30, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Bryce Harper believes the Nationals would be better off with a different lineup than the one Matt Williams put together for his return on Monday.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Sadly it’s just a metaphorical one.
Jun 12, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman has been playing left field for the Nationals since coming off the disabled list last week, but manager Matt Williams made it clear that he’ll return to third base once Bryce Harper is ready to come off the disabled list himself.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EDT
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 14
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 21
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)