Aug 23, 2015, 9:41 AM EDT
Including his disastrous outing Friday against the White Sox, in which he allowed three runs while recording only one out, the 38-year-old right-hander holds a 5.68 ERA and 1.50 WHIP in 50 2/3 innings this season.
Jun 13, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Rickie Weeks signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Mariners over the winter, but he was designated for assignment this afternoon after struggling in part-time duty.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:56 PM EDT
Mariners reliever Tom Wilhelmsen was placed on the 15-day disabled list Monday due to a hyperextended right elbow which occurred under some freak circumstances.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
The pitching is great and the offense should be better. But is better good enough?
Feb 6, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Jonah Keri of Grantland reports that the Mariners have agreed to a two-year, $14 million deal with Fernando Rodney. The deal has incentives in it which could take it up to $15 million. Rodney was dominant for the Rays in 2012 and saved 37 games for them in 2013 while striking out 82 batters in 66…
Jan 28, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
From Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports comes word that the Mariners are “in on” free agent reliever Fernando Rodney, joining the Mets and the Orioles in the three-team hunt for the 36-year-old right-hander. Rodney wasn’t nearly as dominant in 2013 as he was in 2012, but he still saved 37 games for the Rays and…
Nov 22, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
The M’s are shopping: #Mariners’ search for closers includes Wilson, Balfour, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. M’s interested in both, among others. — Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 22, 2013 A veteran free agent closer is the sort of luxury a 71-win team usually isn’t well advised to splurge on, but the Mariners have always…
Sep 1, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Tom Wilhelmsen was demoted to Triple-A Tacoma on August 6 and registered a 10.50 ERA over 12 2/3 innings there, but the Mariners have decided to recall him anyway because Tacoma’s season is just about over and major league rosters have expanded to 40. “Hopefully he can flip that switch again,” manager Eric Wedge told…
Aug 28, 2013, 7:09 AM EDT
Braves 2, Indians 0: Tom Glavine with eight shutout innings and David Justice with a big homer. Wait, sorry. Having flashbacks. The real amazing thing here is that if you would have told me before the season that the Braves would have a game in late August where Elliot Johnson got a start and tripled…
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)