Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 8, 2015, 9:15 PM EST
The Braves and Angels agreed to a trade involving prospects this evening, with left-hander Ricardo Sanchez headed to Atlanta in exchange for third baseman Kyle Kubitza and right-hander Nate Hyatt.
Dec 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Beckham batted .268 with two home runs and a .758 OPS in 61 plate appearances with the Angels down the stretch.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Angels second baseman Howie Kendrick is drawing some trade interest.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Angels are expected to address their pitching needs by making Howie Kendrick or David Freese available in a trade.
Oct 29, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
Game 7s are often letdowns. But sometimes, they’re magical. What will we get tonight?
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:26 AM EST
Including their win over the A’s in the Wild Card Game, the Royals are just the third team to begin the playoffs with two extra-inning wins.
Oct 2, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Herrera had a 1.41 ERA over 70 appearances during the regular season.
Oct 2, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
David Freese now has eight career postseason home runs.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:04 AM EST
MLB’s best team continues to cruise through September.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Aug 23, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an important AL West battle.
Aug 21, 2014, 5:42 PM EST
Beckham had a very promising rookie season as a 22-year-old in 2009, but the former first-round draft pick has hit just .240 with a .658 OPS in 636 games since then while never topping a .700 OPS in a season.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
May 24, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain took away a three-run homer from David Freese last night with an excellent leaping catch.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 20, 2014, 8:24 PM EST
David Freese is back in the Angels’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Astros after missing a little over two weeks with a fracture in his right middle finger.
May 6, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Clearly the Cardinals are not pleased with their center field situation, cycling through Jon Jay, Peter Bourjos, and now Randal Grichuk while getting terrible combined production from the position.
May 3, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
David Freese was just starting to get on a roll before being hit on his right index finger with a pitch on Friday night.
May 3, 2014, 3:28 PM EST
Angels third baseman David Freese suffered a non-displaced fracture in his right middle finger on a hit-by-pitch last night.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (79)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)