Jun 17, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Royals are knocking on the door of first place after knocking a former Cy Young Award and MVP winner around pretty good.
Apr 30, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Gavin Floyd’s rehab assignment is up, so he’ll join the Braves in some capacity this weekend.
Apr 29, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
The Braves have the best rotation in baseball. And they’re about to get back a dude who won 13 games last year.
Apr 27, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Braves right-hander David Hale allowed a single to Brandon Phillips and an RBI double to Ryan Ludwick in the top of the first inning Saturday evening at Turner Field, but the Reds were held hitless the rest of the way in Atlanta’s eventual 4-1 victory. Watch a recap of the dominant outing …
Apr 21, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
The first-place Braves are set to welcome back one of their top starters.
Apr 14, 2014, 11:39 PM EDT
The Braves are about to get stronger.
Mar 29, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The Braves have finalized their injury-depleted starting rotation and have named David Hale their fourth starter, Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. One through five, their rotation will be: Julio Teheran Ervin Santana Alex Wood David Hale Aaron Harang Teheran will start on Opening Day, March 31, in Milwaukee against Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo. Newcomer Ervin…
Mar 24, 2014, 1:46 PM EDT
With their top two starters gone for the season with Tommy John surgery, you’d figure that Atlanta would be a safe place to be if you’re a starter looking to make the big club. Not necessarily: Freddy Garcia is packing his stuff. The Braves told him he will not be on the Opening Day roster.…
Mar 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that right-hander Julio Teheran will start Opening Day for the Braves when they take on the Brewers on March 31. Kris Medlen was originally expected to get the call for the Braves, but he underwent Tommy John surgery earlier this week, leaving Teheran as the obvious choice for the assignment.…
Mar 15, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
The Braves bolstered their suddenly shaky rotation earlier this week when they signed right-hander Ervin Santana to a one-year, $14.1 million contract, but general manager Frank Wren told FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal this morning via phone that he isn’t planning to add another starter even with Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy potentially headed for another…
Oct 7, 2013, 12:11 AM EDT
It was a close back-and-forth affair between the Braves and Dodgers for the first three and a half innings in Game 3 of the NLDS in Los Angeles tonight. The game was tied at four-all, then the Dodger offense woke up, building a lead as large as nine runs entering the bottom of the ninth.…
Sep 27, 2013, 6:32 AM EDT
Rangers 6, Angels 5: They were up then down then bang! Jurickson Profar with the walkoff blast. This one would’ve been way easier, however, if Mitch Moreland, Ian Kinsler and Adrian Beltre all hadn’t committed errors in the second inning, allowing three unearned runs. But it was a must-win game and the Rangers won. Indians 6, Twins 5: A win,…
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (198)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)