Feb 4, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
As first reported by Ben Nicholson-Smith at Sportsnet, the Blue Jays have traded 25-year-old left-hander Tyler Ybarra to the Rockies in exchange for 22-year-old lefty Jayson Aquino.
Jan 30, 2015, 4:10 PM EST
A couple of pitchers who don’t profile well in a hitters’ environment for a couple of catchers who have shown a little at the plate. Advantage: Braves.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:45 PM EST
Add another name to the list of fifth starter candidates for the Braves.
Sep 24, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
Evan Gattis hasn’t played a full game for the Braves since September 7 because of strep throat and, more recently, a kidney stone. In that time, Atlanta has lost 12-of-14 games and been completely eliminated from postseason contention. But there will be no early shutdown for the 28-year-old slugging catcher.
Sep 23, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
David Hale will start in Minor’s place Thursday against the Pirates.
Jun 17, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
The Royals are knocking on the door of first place after knocking a former Cy Young Award and MVP winner around pretty good.
Apr 30, 2014, 9:31 PM EST
Gavin Floyd’s rehab assignment is up, so he’ll join the Braves in some capacity this weekend.
Apr 29, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
The Braves have the best rotation in baseball. And they’re about to get back a dude who won 13 games last year.
Apr 27, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Braves right-hander David Hale allowed a single to Brandon Phillips and an RBI double to Ryan Ludwick in the top of the first inning Saturday evening at Turner Field, but the Reds were held hitless the rest of the way in Atlanta’s eventual 4-1 victory. Watch a recap of the dominant outing …
Apr 21, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
The first-place Braves are set to welcome back one of their top starters.
Apr 14, 2014, 11:39 PM EST
The Braves are about to get stronger.
Mar 29, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
The Braves have finalized their injury-depleted starting rotation and have named David Hale their fourth starter, Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. One through five, their rotation will be: Julio Teheran Ervin Santana Alex Wood David Hale Aaron Harang Teheran will start on Opening Day, March 31, in Milwaukee against Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo. Newcomer Ervin…
Mar 24, 2014, 1:46 PM EST
With their top two starters gone for the season with Tommy John surgery, you’d figure that Atlanta would be a safe place to be if you’re a starter looking to make the big club. Not necessarily: Freddy Garcia is packing his stuff. The Braves told him he will not be on the Opening Day roster.…
Mar 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that right-hander Julio Teheran will start Opening Day for the Braves when they take on the Brewers on March 31. Kris Medlen was originally expected to get the call for the Braves, but he underwent Tommy John surgery earlier this week, leaving Teheran as the obvious choice for the assignment.…
Mar 15, 2014, 10:42 AM EST
The Braves bolstered their suddenly shaky rotation earlier this week when they signed right-hander Ervin Santana to a one-year, $14.1 million contract, but general manager Frank Wren told FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal this morning via phone that he isn’t planning to add another starter even with Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy potentially headed for another…
Oct 7, 2013, 12:11 AM EST
It was a close back-and-forth affair between the Braves and Dodgers for the first three and a half innings in Game 3 of the NLDS in Los Angeles tonight. The game was tied at four-all, then the Dodger offense woke up, building a lead as large as nine runs entering the bottom of the ninth.…
Sep 27, 2013, 6:32 AM EST
Rangers 6, Angels 5: They were up then down then bang! Jurickson Profar with the walkoff blast. This one would’ve been way easier, however, if Mitch Moreland, Ian Kinsler and Adrian Beltre all hadn’t committed errors in the second inning, allowing three unearned runs. But it was a must-win game and the Rangers won. Indians 6, Twins 5: A win,…
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)